Community Browser
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: See you at NIWeek!

Elijah_K
Active Participant

NIWeek is just a few days away, and there's plenty to be excited about this year!  I've made a habit of recommending sessions that I think will be especially good for advanced users in previous years, but in reviewing the schedule for 2012, I feel like I'd have to list the majority of software sessions.  Considering that the software track has more sessions this year than we've ever had before, that would be a very long list!

For those of you who have been to NIWeek before, we've moved things arround to accomodate the tremendous attendnace growth.  The area where the keynote used to be will now be used for additional sessions and hands-ons, and the keynote will now be held in the room where the Expo Floor used to be.  We've also increased our focus on Thursday by making it a full day and balancing the must-see sessions across all three days.

I'm especially excited about a new session I'll be presenting on Tuesday at 3:30 in Room 19A, "LabVIEW 2012 Advanced Templates and Sample Projects."  I'll be showcasing how a new features of LabVIEW 2012 that gives advanced developers a new tool for distributing and using templates across a team and especially for a large project.  My plan is to adapt an Actor Framework based application and illustrate how a new measurement can be templatized. 

I'll also be presenting "Software Engineering With LabVIEW," which will be a reprise of last year's session on the topic.  In this session I'll be more focsued on the procedural recommendations and life-cycle management techniques to ensure system quality and mitigate risk.  In paricular, I'll be discussing the use of source code control, requirements management solutions, and static and dynamic code analysis.  This session will be on Tuesday from 4:45 to 5:45 in Room 19B and we will have a hands-on with the tools available on Wednesday at 3:30 pm.

You can also find me showcasing the new features of the latest version of LabVIEW on Tuesday morning at 10:30 in 19A, at the annual "What's New in LabVIEW."  You'll also have the opportunity to get your try out some of the exciting new feature in a hands-on in 18D on Thursday at 10:30 am.

Finally, I do want to mention a few other sessions that I think will be especially interesting to the 'Large App' community. 

Finally, if you haven't already, be sure to buy tickets for the LAVA BBQ!

See you all soon,

Eli

Elijah Kerry
NI Director, Software Community
Comments
Elijah_K
Active Participant

Turns out that I can't link directly to a session.  Visit ni.com/niweek to browse all the sessions online.

Elijah Kerry
NI Director, Software Community
AELmx

Hi Elijah

Is it a way to read the content of those presentations? Im a noob at OOP and will attend sessions next week at NI week, and this information seems good for me as a start. Also Im interested in SW engineering topics you are covering.