From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JuliaDawkins

Copy VIEW legend items when dragging-and-dropping from one area to another

Hi Julia,

I'd like to ask you to reassess this feature request given the new ability in DIAdem 2020 SP1 to copy VIEW Areas.  Wouldn't copying a VIEW Area really cover this use case already?

Separately, I think this idea struggles from overdefinition.  Surely some user will want to still be able to drag a curve from Area1 to Area2 without changing the legend of Area2.  Other users will want to change the legend as you suggest.  What if you drag a curve from Area1 to Area2 and then drag a curve from Area3 to Area2?  Do you want the legend from Area1 or Area3?  I'm not sure automatically changing the legend based on curve dragging is the way to go.

What do you think now that you can drag/copy VIEW Areas?

Brad Turpin

Principal Technical Support Engineer

National Instruments

I'd like the legend items to transfer when data is dragged from one area to another in VIEW. Currently, for example when I drag a curve from one 2D axis in VIEW to an empty area, the legend items are the defaults, "name" and "unit".

2 Comments
Brad_Turpin
Trusted Enthusiast
Status changed to: Already Implemented

Hi Julia,

I'd like to ask you to reassess this feature request given the new ability in DIAdem 2020 SP1 to copy VIEW Areas.  Wouldn't copying a VIEW Area really cover this use case already?

Separately, I think this idea struggles from overdefinition.  Surely some user will want to still be able to drag a curve from Area1 to Area2 without changing the legend of Area2.  Other users will want to change the legend as you suggest.  What if you drag a curve from Area1 to Area2 and then drag a curve from Area3 to Area2?  Do you want the legend from Area1 or Area3?  I'm not sure automatically changing the legend based on curve dragging is the way to go.

What do you think now that you can drag/copy VIEW Areas?

Brad Turpin

Principal Technical Support Engineer

National Instruments

JuliaDawkins

Yes, once I can copy VIEW areas that should be sufficient to cover this case!