DIAdem Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Artemis125

box plot

This request was implemented in DIAdem 2019.

Greetings

Walter

Hey everyone,

There should be an integrated feature in DIAdem to create Boxplots. You can already find the min Q1 median Q3 and max in the analysis portion. I have not been able to find a good way to make a boxplot in DIAdem, and it's a very clunky process in excell. I've had to use DIAdem to process data then export the interested channels to excel to make acutal boxplots, which still requires a lot of manipulation.

BoxPlot Data.PNG

To do this in excel you create a modified boxplot based on the difference in the five number summary. These numbers are put into a stacked boxplot, then the settings are played with to give the finalized look of a box plot.

Differences.PNG 

The Differences plotted as a stacked bar plot looks like the following with borders on and the bottom and top sections made invisible with error bars to mark the min and max values

boxplot.PNG

There should be a way to do a similar process, or even an automatic box plot creator in DIAdem.

Let me know what you think,

Sadie

6 Comments
gsklyr
Active Participant

3 years later... Is there a solution to this?

az_ltr

New to DIAdem but I think this is a good idea as this is still a go to presentation format / analysis visualization tool and something that I will probably need to build soon.

Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Hello

Thank you for your request. R&D has read this suggestion and it will be included in feature planning discussions for future DIAdem versions.

Greetings

Walter

Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: In Beta

Please have look at the DIAdem 2019 Beta to check the implementation regarding this request.

To participate at the DIAdem Beta Program, please register yourself at ni.com/beta

Greetings

Walter

Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Completed

This request was implemented in DIAdem 2019.

Greetings

Walter

Nate_Benson

great!