DIAdem Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James_McN

Supporting Spaces In Property Names

Hi James,

I'm sorry, but I doubt this will change.  As soon as you start thinking of those property names being stored in the DataFinder data base, the spaces (and other characters) become problematic.  The effort to change this always seems to outweigh the customer outcry, version after version.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

I have a project where we have a fixed TDMS "schema" (layout and properties) which are used by a data server to import the files.

I have found that opening and saving the files in DIAdem causes any spaces to be replaced with underscores. From the perspective of my data server the file is now corrupt.

I would like DIAdem to support these spaces as they are clearly supported by the TDMS specification.

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
2 Comments
Hooovahh
Proven Zealot

This is a limitation of DIAdem as far as I am aware.  There have been several discussions about it.  I'd rather DIAdem, and the DataFinder Toolkit not modify my file either, but it seems this is a known issue that NI doesn't appear to be interested in changing.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/DIAdem/Spaces-In-Property-Names/td-p/2831180

Brad_Turpin
Trusted Enthusiast
Status changed to: Declined

Hi James,

I'm sorry, but I doubt this will change.  As soon as you start thinking of those property names being stored in the DataFinder data base, the spaces (and other characters) become problematic.  The effort to change this always seems to outweigh the customer outcry, version after version.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments