DIAdem Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eric.M

Close the datafinder when DIAdem exits

See comment of James: He described very well why MyDataFinder should live in the task bar after closing DIAdem. If you like you could close MyDataFinder in the context menu of the tray icon (task bar) after closing DIAdem.

By default, the datafinder is launched when Windows starts. This can be easily removed by msconfig.

When we run DIAdem, the datafinder pops up in the task bar, which is totally normal as DIAdem uses it for a number of tasks. But when it comes to closing DIAdem, the DataFinder still lives in the task bar. When I look at how much RAM it takes, I'm pretty much surprised about the 30MB used.

What about an general option where we could choose to close the DataFinder when DIAdem exits ?

On a more global note, what about adding a "Close" method to the datafinder object (no it does not exist, contrary to Connect and Open...) ?

Regards 😉

Eric M. - Senior Software Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Architect - Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer - Certified LabWindows™/CVI Developer
Neosoft Technologies inc.

2 Comments
James_McN
Active Participant
The problem with this though is that when you launch diadem your data won't be indexed and you will then be fighting for CPU time, especially if you have added a lot of data. If the data finder is being disruptive the you can adjust the way it indexes e.g times and periods in its settings.
James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
dietfons
Status changed to: Declined

See comment of James: He described very well why MyDataFinder should live in the task bar after closing DIAdem. If you like you could close MyDataFinder in the context menu of the tray icon (task bar) after closing DIAdem.