DIAdem Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TCPlomp

Add auto-save to SCRIPT, REPORT and VIEW

Hello

Thank you for your request. R&D has read this suggestion and it will be included in feature planning discussions for future DIAdem versions. But because of the huge numbers of possible DIAdem extensions, we gave this request a very low priority.

Greetings

Walter

I was fiddling with some DIADem Scripts and manage to crash DIADem twice, unfortunatly my VIEW, REPORTS and SCRIPTS weren't auto-saved.

That is kinda bad, so please add an autosave option.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
4 Comments
Otmar
Active Participant

Hello Ton,

While the autosave function would certainly help if there is a crash in DIAdem, I think a better solution is to not have DIAdem crash in the first place.

Could you please provide some additional information to help us identify the circumstances of the crash?

1. Version of DIAdem you were using when crashes occured

2. Operating system used

3. Processor and RAM available on the system

4. Short description of what you were doing when DIAdem crashed.

The more information we have, the more likely it is that we can identify the reason for the crash and fix this.

Please send the information to me directly if you would prefer not to post that here in an open forum. My email address is:

otmar DOT Foehner AT ni DOT com

Thanks,

Otmar

Otmar D. Foehner
TCPlomp
Trusted Enthusiast

1 DIADem 2010

2 Windows XP

3 ... with 4 gig of ram

4 The last time:

Editing a report layout that consists of 5 pages with a 3D plot on every page, some 2D plots on every page. DIADem crashed when trying to edit some axis information.

When I get a crash again I will try to remember and contact you directly.

Ton

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
dietfons

Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Hello

Thank you for your request. R&D has read this suggestion and it will be included in feature planning discussions for future DIAdem versions. But because of the huge numbers of possible DIAdem extensions, we gave this request a very low priority.

Greetings

Walter