NI TestStand Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stryker_Software_Engineer

Step Types for NI-DAQmx

NI has gone through a lot work to get the IVI Components integrated within TestStand as step types. I was wondering why NI has not incorporated the NI-DAQmx technology into TestStand as step types. I realize most TestStand developers would just create TestStand Adapters in the sequence step written in CVI or LV to interface to NI-DAQmx functions. Even the more advanced TestStand Developers would create their own custom step types to interface to NIDAQmx. I have just done that to where I have created a framework of custom DAQmx step types that I use as a small subset from all the NIDAQmx functions used from the NI-DAQmx library. 

6 Comments
Laurent_B

Indeed, that is exactly what I'm looking for. And I didn't find anything good

Laurent

acovian

I definatly agree with this. I would like to not have to create a  labview module for simple daqmx reads. 

crossrulz
Knight of NI

acovian, If you like the idea give it a kudos.  Kudos is the measuring stick for how much desire for a feature there is in the community.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
chiraldude

I am building a new TestStand driven test system and one thing I need to do is have the sequence halt if there is an e-stop condition.  I can make each code module read the state from daqmx but it would be nice to just read the e-stop state as part of the sequence state and set an error condition that sends execution flow to the Cleanup section.

ecande

+Kudo!

Jean-Louis

Hi,

Is this what you are looking for : DAQmx Custom Step Types for NI TestsTand ?

They are we easy to use :

daqmx_steps_palette.png

And it's FREE !

Kind regards,

Jean-Louis SCHRICKE
CTA - Certified TestStand Architect (2008 - 2022)
CTD - Certified TestStand Developer (2004 & 2007)
CLD - Certified LabVIEW Developer (2003 & 2005)