From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JÞB

Extensive Use of Drag and Drop

So i know that all of these suggestions aren't implemented but many of them have been, so I'm closing this idea. If there are particular subsets that haven't been implemented, I would post them separately and see if they get more traction as separate ideas.

Thanks,

Trent

• Have a spec that declares the name of the measurements signal?- Drag-n-Drop from the doc to the Limits>Measurement name field. no need to copy, select, enter field, paste
  • Know what module you want for the step? -Drag-n-Drop from Workspace or Explorer window to Module Path. I browsed there allready and can start slinging modules in
  • Have a list of Parameter Values in a file? -Drag-n-Drop into the value field. No need to retype and we know the data type allready- add the "" around string litterals (And why am I trying to get in between them anyhow pray-tell? TestStand can put the back-it put em there once allreadySmiley Wink 
  • Know what parameter or operation you want in the Expression?- Drag-Drop into the expression field or the expression builder.
  • Duplicating Limits or selecting a comparison? Drag-n-Drop into TestStand

Drag-n-Drop

Drag-n-Drop

Drag-n-Drop

Drag-n-Drop

Drag-n-Drop

Drag-n-Drop.....Sooooooo easy

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
1 Comment
WireWeaver
Active Participant
Status changed to: Already Implemented

So i know that all of these suggestions aren't implemented but many of them have been, so I'm closing this idea. If there are particular subsets that haven't been implemented, I would post them separately and see if they get more traction as separate ideas.

Thanks,

Trent

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver