NI TestStand Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JÞB

Extensive Use of Drag and Drop

So i know that all of these suggestions aren't implemented but many of them have been, so I'm closing this idea. If there are particular subsets that haven't been implemented, I would post them separately and see if they get more traction as separate ideas.

Thanks,

Trent

• Have a spec that declares the name of the measurements signal?- Drag-n-Drop from the doc to the Limits>Measurement name field. no need to copy, select, enter field, paste
  • Know what module you want for the step? -Drag-n-Drop from Workspace or Explorer window to Module Path. I browsed there allready and can start slinging modules in
  • Have a list of Parameter Values in a file? -Drag-n-Drop into the value field. No need to retype and we know the data type allready- add the "" around string litterals (And why am I trying to get in between them anyhow pray-tell? TestStand can put the back-it put em there once allreadySmiley Wink 
  • Know what parameter or operation you want in the Expression?- Drag-Drop into the expression field or the expression builder.
  • Duplicating Limits or selecting a comparison? Drag-n-Drop into TestStand

Drag-n-Drop

Drag-n-Drop

Drag-n-Drop

Drag-n-Drop

Drag-n-Drop

Drag-n-Drop.....Sooooooo easy

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
1 Comment
WireWeaver
Active Participant
Status changed to: Already Implemented

So i know that all of these suggestions aren't implemented but many of them have been, so I'm closing this idea. If there are particular subsets that haven't been implemented, I would post them separately and see if they get more traction as separate ideas.

Thanks,

Trent

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver