From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI TestStand Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manu.NET

Ability to define the Report file name using tags ....

Hello,

It would be nice to be abble to define the report file name "using tags". Smiley Happy

For the moment the Report name is created automatically. You can't easily change the order of the filed you want to see in the filename.Smiley Sad

You can only modify the date/time position.

I would like to see something like this :

Reportname = [%T<YYYY_mm_DD HH_MM_SS>]_[TestSocket]_[UUT].txt

ReportOptions.png

Thanks.

PS : I am using TestStand 2012 ... perhaps this already exists in TS 2013 ?

Manu.

Manu.net
3 Comments
Elaine_R.
Active Participant

Have you explored the TestStand Report Name by expression feature in 2012 and 2013? you may still find it's not what you want, but there are an assortment of tags you can choose from, as well as an open form expression editing text box for data manipulation with variables at hand.

Try this and see if it does enough to help you? if you're looking for 'common' elements in report names (Date/ passfail/uut#) it'll probably do the job.

use the "File Name/Directory Options" pulldown on the "report File Pathname" tab and take a peek at "Specify report by expression"....  there should be a down-arrow to the right of the expression box with the available tags.

Cheers,

Elaine

manu.NET
Active Participant

Thanks a lot Elaine_R,

I think this option is exactly what i need.

Manu.

Manu.net
WireWeaver
Active Participant
Status changed to: Already Implemented

https://www.linkedin.com/in/trentweaver