LabVIEW Real-Time Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
manu.NET

Generate warnings in case of property node usage, during a RT application build !

Hello,

I have recently to work with a RT application.

In this application, i used a property node in order to get all values of an ENUM.

=> This feature works fine when you debug your application using LabVIEW on the host ! Smiley Wink

=> But the same code doesn't work in real RT execution. Smiley Sad

I know very well that some property nodes doesn't work in RT programming, but when you have to go from windows application, to FPGA, to Crio, ... you often forgot this point ! LabVIEW should help us to limit this kind of mistakes !

It would be nice, if LabVIEW could break RT VI's, or generate a list of warning during RT application build, when an application is using non RT compatible property nodes !

It would be nice to get this warning during the compilation time, and not only at runtime ! 

It would also be nice, if the LabView RT debug tool could generates the same errors than a real RT target.

Thanks for help.

Manu.net

Manu.net
2 Comments
nathand
Proven Zealot

This is a duplicate of an idea I posted over a year ago - would you mind giving mine a vote?

Warn about front-panel property node use when building RT application

By the way, if you need to get all the strings in an enumeration, a better way (that works on all targets) is GetNumericInfo in vi.lib\utility\VariantDataType.

Deborah_B
Active Participant
Status changed to: Duplicate

Duplicate

Deborah Burke
NI Hardware and Drivers Product Manager
Certified LabVIEW Architect