cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
KevinGaliano

Object Linking and Embedding (OLE)

Hello

Thank you for your request. We understand your suggestion but given that that just a few sponsors are supporting your entry and nearly no other customer asked this extension direct to us, we have decided to decline this suggestion. Nevertheless, we keep it in ore list of possible extensions however with a low priority and prefer to develop more frequently requested features instead. We hope you understand this.

Greetings

Walter

Good afternoon,

I just searched the DIAdem Idea exchange and I did not find this idea already posted. However, if it was already posted, please excuse this duplicate.

OriginLab has Object Linking and Embedding. You can see this on the following webpage: http://www.originlab.com/doc/Origin-Help/Paste-Embed-OLE

This functionality enables them to paste a plot directly into microsoft applications (e.g., word, excel) and later open and edit it again in Origin directly from the word document while also having access to the raw data.

I recently contacted NI DIAdem Support, and they explained to me that DIAdem does not have an equivalent functionality. The idea I am suggesting is for NI to include such functionality in DIAdem. In other words, it would be convenient if one could somehow embed an object from a Report Sheet from DIAdem into a Word or Powerpoint document and later open it with DIAdem for quick editing and access
to the raw data just by double-clicking from inside Microsoft Word. In other words, it would allow for quick edits to graphs without having to go to the main DIAdem files used for analysis. It would also allow for quick transport of raw data through Microsoft applications between different users.

Cordially,
Kevin

1 Comment
Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Declined

Hello

Thank you for your request. We understand your suggestion but given that that just a few sponsors are supporting your entry and nearly no other customer asked this extension direct to us, we have decided to decline this suggestion. Nevertheless, we keep it in ore list of possible extensions however with a low priority and prefer to develop more frequently requested features instead. We hope you understand this.

Greetings

Walter