DIAdem Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoshRew

Channel & Group Filter Stop Character / Removal of Assumed End Wildcard (*)

Hello JoshRew,

Thank you for your request. R&D has read this suggestion and it will be included in feature planning discussions for future DIAdem versions. But because of the huge numbers of possible DIAdem extensions and the fact that just a few/no sponsors are/is supporting it, we gave this request a very low priority.

Greetings

Walter

I've noticed that the easiest way to relate a channel calculation back to the original channel is to append to the channel name:

iH_EngSpeed_rpm

iH_EngSpeed_rpm_RegX

iH_EngSpeed_rpm_RegY

iH_EngSpeed_rpm_1

iH_EngSpeed_rpm_2

iH_EngSpeed_rpm_Filtered

Filtering for *engspeed, or *engspeed_rpm will return all of the above channels, but in my experience I rarely want to see all the additional channels...With enough channels, it can effectively obscure the channel you're looking for!

The simplest way I can think of to obscure these with the current functionality would be to have a stop character ("\"?) to prevent the filter from grabbing anything beyond that point:

*EngSpeed_rpm\ would return anything ending in *EngSpeed_rpm

Another way would be to get rid of the assumed * at the end of the filter, forcing people to put one on themselves when necessary (but that would be changing the current functionality and would likely confuse users at first):

*Engspeed_rpm would return anything ending in *EngSpeed_rpm

*EngSpeed_rpm* would return everything with EngSpeed_rpm inside it

This would also be nice for looking for channels that end in something, like anything ending in *nm\ rather than anything with nm in the name...

1 Comment
Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Hello JoshRew,

Thank you for your request. R&D has read this suggestion and it will be included in feature planning discussions for future DIAdem versions. But because of the huge numbers of possible DIAdem extensions and the fact that just a few/no sponsors are/is supporting it, we gave this request a very low priority.

Greetings

Walter