From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

DIAdem Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
TCPlomp

Allow rotated graphs on Report

Hello

Thank you for your request. We understand your suggestion but given the age of this entry and the fact that just a few sponsors are supporting it, we have decided to decline this suggestion and prefer to develop more frequently requested features instead. We hope you understand this. 

Greetings

Walter

Sometimes I try to place a vertical onriented graph next to a 2d-intensity graph. This is especially interesting with a time-frequency plot where you want to plot some interesting frequencies next to the intensity plot.

Currently this is only possible by altering the x-y data.

By adding rotated 1-d graphs we could easily create such a graph.

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
7 Comments
Brad_Turpin
Trusted Enthusiast

Hi TCPlomp,

I'm afraid I don't understand you yet.  DIAdem has had free rotation of 3D graphs for a long time now, and DIAdem does not have any 1D graphs, whatever those would look like.  I do know what you mean by a time-frequency plot, but I'm unclear what additional information you want to juxtapose next to it or how additional (2D graph?) rotation would help.

Please clarify,

Brad Turpin

DIAdem Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

TCPlomp
Trusted Enthusiast

Hello Brad,

I meant to rotate a 2D graph. Currently I have created a  curve transformation with the following code:

Call ChnCopy (CurveTransfInX ,CurveTransfOutY )  
Call ChnCopy (CurveTransfInY ,CurveTransfOutX )

The use case is the following, if I have 2D (time-frequency graph) where the horizontal axes is the frequency and there is a relation with a different signal (speed for instance), and I would like to point out this relation I can currently create the following image by rotating the right graph.

:

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
My LabVIEW Ideas

Brad_Turpin
Trusted Enthusiast

Hi TCPlomp,

OK, now I understand what you're saying-- thanks for the clarifications.  Are you ever interested in rotating the 2D graph to any angle other than the one that inverts the X and Y axes, though?  If you just want to see the Y channel on the horizontal axis and the X channel on the vertical axis, why is it insufficient to assign the curve that way?

12-13-2010 5-05-11 PM.png

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

TCPlomp
Trusted Enthusiast

If you just want to see the Y channel on the horizontal axis and the X channel on the vertical axis, why is it insufficient to assign the curve that way?

Sometime I don't have an X-axis (using waveform data).

I can transpose the array with the curve transformation I posted, however I would expect from a profressional reporting tool the freedom to rotate a graph.
Or should I try to create a XYZ triplet graph?

My LabVIEW Ideas

MarcusP

Please be aware that rotation of a graph doesn't provide the same result as just switching x- and y-channels. One of the axes would also have to be mirrored

Your screenshot doesn't look like you could achieve the same result by rotation.

Brad_Turpin
Trusted Enthusiast

Hi TCPlomp,

You can plot a waveform channel on Y axis, though you have to create the curve backwards first and then edit the X and Y channel references:

12-13-2010 5-05-11 PM.png

Brad Turpin

National Instruments

Walter_Rick
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Declined

Hello

Thank you for your request. We understand your suggestion but given the age of this entry and the fact that just a few sponsors are supporting it, we have decided to decline this suggestion and prefer to develop more frequently requested features instead. We hope you understand this. 

Greetings

Walter