LabWindows/CVI Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobertoBozzolo

Panel callbacks

At present, the only option to jump to a panel callback is Ctrl-P shortcat from the UIR editor (or Code >> View >> Panel callback menu selection). Even longer is to generate a panel callback, which can only be done via Code >> Generate >> Panel callback menu chain.

I'd like to have added two options to panel context menu in the UIR editor: Generate Panel Callback and View Panel Callback, in the same way as those options are present in a control context menu; something like this:

CVI Idea Exchange 1.PNG

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community

I definately agree with this one.  This took me a long time to figure out when I first started with CVI and didn't know I had to navigate the menu.  Instead, I just copied the default panelCB one that is autogenerated and changed then name.  Both a Generate panel callback and View panel callback should be implemented.

In addition, there also needs to be one for Menu Callbacks to generate and View

RobertoBozzolo
Proven Zealot

Hi ngay, there actually exists a context menu for menu callbacks: if you design a menu and attach it to a panel, in the UIR editor you can click on the menu and show it, next you can right-click on a menu item and have the usual Generate / View items (see this post from Luis)

This feature does not work for top level menus without child items (items that appear with the exclamation sign).

Status changed to: In Development

ngay528

Aha!  is that new?  I swear I must be crazy.  Thanks for pointing that out Rob

Laura F.
Active Participant
Status changed to: New
prior status deleted, setting to default
LuisG
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Under Consideration

LuisG
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: In Beta

PerBorgvad

Maybe it's allready there, but I would like to have a control like these popup menues. Obviously free programable from the GUI

editor and from code.

RobertoBozzolo
Proven Zealot

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but you can design your own menu in the UIR editor, load it with LoadMenuBar without assigning it to any panel (passing 0 to destination panel handle parameter) and show it with RunPopupMenu, See this example

Status changed to: Completed