From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bertrand_ENAC

Graph improvements

Introduced in LabWindows/CVI 2013

Hello,

I have 2 suggestions for graph improvements.

1/ I suggested the first one a long time ago but it has never been implemeted so I try again trough this idea exchange board.

I would like to have the possibility to change the grid lines style to dash or dot. Today only solid is available.

I have written a routine to do it for printing graphs but as you can see it in the attachment it is not always working properly.

2/ It would be nice to have the possibility to set a percentage of transparency for the plots. In the example attached you can see if the green plot would have been behind the blue some parts would not have been visible. By setting the percentage of transparency of the blue one the green if behind the blue would become partly visible.

These 2 features are already available in the 3D graph so it would be nice to have them also on 2D plots.

Regards

Bertrand

4 Comments
vix
Active Participant
Active Participant

Great ideas!

Extremely simple, but with a large impact.

Kudos

Vix
-------------------------------------------
In claris non fit interpretatio

-------------------------------------------
Using LV from 7
Using LW/CVI from 6.0
gtoph

I'll just add one more to your list and that is to add scroll bars on the graph legend so we can see all the avaliable plots.

LuisG
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Under Consideration

JonathanN
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Completed
Introduced in LabWindows/CVI 2013
Jonathan N.
National Instruments