cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
Laser

Avoiding recursive warnings while debugging

Hi,

in many of my applications, I have to verifiy some conditions recursively and they can generate an error, for example when checking the presence of a file (see below).

Imagine to have a task doing this, and imagine the task is scheduled every 5 seconds or less.

This means you'll get the popup window continuosly and it makes almost impossible to debug your code.

I know I can reduce the Debugging level from Extended or Standard to No RunTime Checking in order to block that popup window, but sometime I need a deeper level of debug to fix my problems.

What do you think about adding a third button to ignore, for the current debugging session only, the run time errors generated from the same instruction?

More, what do you think about adding a fourth button to ignore, for the current debugging session only, the run time errors of the same type?

Regards

Sergio

2 Comments
RavensFan
Knight of NI

How did you embed your image in the message?  However you tried to do it was wrong, it didn't work.  It just shows the red X box.

Try again.

RobertoBozzolo
Proven Zealot

This thread should be considered closed as Laser as republished it with the correct image here.

Proud to use LW/CVI from 3.1 on.

My contributions to the Developer Community