From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabWindows/CVI Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wolfgang

Add an attribute to set the point size of the selected point style

Hi,

sometimes it woud be useful to have plot symbols available that are larger than the fixed standard size. Hence I suggest providing a plot attribute ATTR_TRACE_POINT_SIZE where one could set the point size (e.g. in pixels)

6 Comments
LuisG
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Under Consideration

Ian.W
Active Participant

This Idea is particularly beneficial when presenting data on a projector, or printed on paper and posted for viewing. The current symbol sizes are okay when one person is viewing their monitor, but when presenting, they are usually too small.

jayrandom

I concur.  This would be a useful addition to the Plot function.

magnetsu

It would be really useful to have this feature. The standard setting sometimes make the data points difficult to see, for example, when plotting the measured data and the fit curve together. Thanks. 

ElectroLund
Active Participant

I agree.  This would be very valuable.  Particularly if you set the size of your plot line to anything greater than 1, then the points are lost entirely.

RavensFan
Knight of NI

If you guys think it is such a great idea, then be sure to click the Kudo star next to the idea so that you can register your vote!