From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Button/Boolean mouse hover not working on 64 Bit LabVIEW

Hi Nicolas,

please see my post https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Button-Boolean-mouse-hover-not-working-on-64-Bit-LabVIEW/m-p/394366...

It is definately not a fix, but switching to silver based controls eliminates this problem, since there are no hover states with silver controls.

Regards,

Milad

0 Kudos
Message 51 of 66
(4,696 Views)

@milad_berlin wrote:

It is definately not a fix, but switching to silver based controls eliminates this problem, since there are no hover states with silver controls.

So the hover over behavior that is stopping is the problem, and the solution is to remove the hover over behavior?

Deleting the booleans also solves the problem...

Message 52 of 66
(4,691 Views)

I don't think you understand what I mean with my comment. The software I write in my company is being used by 50+ ppl. I got a lot of emails and calls regarding this issue. That's why I started this topic ...

Since there is no fix available, I switched over to the silver-based controls.

Downside: Yes there is no hover effects anymore, which is nice to have for the users. So they know, that they can interact with the control...

Upside: Most importantly the users do not get confused anymore by the random button hover/click behavior/visualization and I don't get any calls/mails regarding that issue.

Just a workaround for those who are in a similar position.

So your comment about deleting booleans is completely misplaced.

0 Kudos
Message 53 of 66
(4,683 Views)

@milad_berlin wrote:

So your comment about deleting booleans is completely misplaced.

Not completelly (esp. witout any context), but maybe a bit 😊.

You have to admit (I thing you actually did) that removing a feature because the feature sometimes stops working is hardly a workaround. This is a bit like replacing an escalator with a stair because the escalator sometimes stops working.

Anyway, good that it works for you. Have you tried the events trick? That works too if you can live with just two images (true\hovering and false\!hovering)...

0 Kudos
Message 54 of 66
(4,673 Views)

The thing is, the elevator is not broken. It is just the button that looks weird sometimes :D. The boolean works fine with the event structure. Really it is just a cosmetic thing. I am sure u can fix the issue by handling the mouse over events, but having a lot of booleans and different VI's, that is just too much work. I simply created a set of silver-custom booleans, select all booleans and then via quick-drop CTRL-P. No coding 😄

0 Kudos
Message 55 of 66
(4,670 Views)

Well, you could use VI server to get all boolean control references. It wouldn't be too much programming. With callback events, you wouldn't even need to stop the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 56 of 66
(4,667 Views)

I really wish NI would put additional effort into solving this.  The issues has been going on for two years (at least), and we shouldn't need to implement silly workarounds or give up on using 6-state buttons.  Please fix the root problem NI - these types of issues make people shy away from using LabVIEW for "real" applications.

0 Kudos
Message 57 of 66
(4,632 Views)

Has anyone tried this in LV2020 beta?

There are related issues; IIRC at least with NXG style Boolean controls \w 64 bit LV. If this got fixed or worked on, our problem might have gone away by coincides.

0 Kudos
Message 58 of 66
(4,611 Views)

Thanks for the update!
I am currently designing an important application. Actually, I'm might consider writing an article about it.

The thing is, there is a lot of Boolean with mouseover effect in this ap. It will take ages to revert it back to 4 states Boolean.
It's a shame that this bug has been around during almost 2 years.

Keep us posted if you discover anything on this matter.

Best

Nicolas

0 Kudos
Message 59 of 66
(4,587 Views)

I wish I read this thread earlier, spent the day customizing booleans that have a hover state. It was working beautifully for awhile and then just stopped. Wasted a day. LabVIEW 2019 64 bit.

mcduff

0 Kudos
Message 60 of 66
(4,510 Views)