LabVIEW Real-Time Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ErnieH

Real time display

Ability to create a GUI (with touchscreens) using the graphics capability on desktop PC's. Maybe something like PEG (portable embedded GUI). For small testers, I don't necessarily want a PC or touchscreen PC running CE or XPE. The PC's involve a lot of setup, virus concerns, etc that I don't need on some testers. Support would be much easier also. Plus, in a lot of organizations, they don't understand the difference between PC's for desktops and PC's for production stands. You end up getting a "standard" PC with a lot of restrictions on it that requires several different groups to support when it fails.

2 Comments
JoshuaP
Active Participant

You should check out the LabVIEW Web UI Builder.  You can use it to create a nice UI that can be deployed to RT targets, however it will require that you still have some sort of PC or Mac that can display the web interface to the user.  I guess if you wanted to consolidate it into one machine you could use something like LabVIEW Hypervisor today.

ErnieH
Active Participant

I looked at that. I am trying to get out of the PC world for some (maybe all) of these testers. Getting and supporting PC's with all the restrictions companies put on them anymore is becoming to much of a burden for these testers. A simple user interface using the power of the PC would more desirable. Plus it would simplify development for us.