From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabVIEW memorabilia!!

I was reading the first posts, and i was wondering..."LabVIEW 2.0???" 😄

I realized this thread was started in 2005 🙂

I have only a few screw drivers (the quality is not that great, but good enough for those small screw terminals), and a poster, I do not remember where it was packed, maybe in one of the cDAQ hardware shipment?

LVposter.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 44
(6,387 Views)

Is that bottom image saying not to do underwater yoga?

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 44
(6,369 Views)

It is funny that the Goggles app on my phone just came alive a few minutes ago, and told me what is happening on that poster! This is the first time. I even did not know it was installed. Should i start to worry??? 😂

Screenshot_20171114-212838.png

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 44
(6,361 Views)

Skynet has been turned on.  I for one welcome our new robot overlords.

Message 24 of 44
(6,358 Views)

Scored NI wall outlet travel adaptors at NI Days Benelux yesterday.

(I'd be willing to donate one if it enriches\completes someone's collectionSmiley Very Happy. Could bring it to NI Week.)

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 44
(6,334 Views)

Did anyone mention the blue thermos cup?  If not... it's now mentioned.

🙂

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 44
(6,243 Views)

@Ray.R wrote:

Did anyone mention the blue thermos cup?  If not... it's now mentioned.

🙂

The ones that came on a small pedestal and said "Champion"?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 27 of 44
(6,209 Views)

I think he may be referring to the blue plastic, white lined, ones that the NI Reps used to throw into the audience at "dog and pony", mmm, "LabVIEW Demonstrations". In my region it usually was to the "winner" of some trivia question asked about the subject of the demo. They were safer to throw into a crowd than the screw drivers!

The one on the pedestals are pretty rare, limited as they are to those who were Champions about 10 years ago. The first use I had of mine was to fill it with Shiner Bock beer at the bar of the Holiday Inn hotel southeast of the Austin Conference center, the night after that year's NIWeek. I don't remember what year, it was a while ago.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 44
(6,186 Views)

@LV_Pro wrote:

I think he may be referring to the blue plastic, white lined, ones that the NI Reps used to throw into the audience at "dog and pony", mmm, "LabVIEW Demonstrations". In my region it usually was to the "winner" of some trivia question asked about the subject of the demo. They were safer to throw into a crowd than the screw drivers!

The one on the pedestals are pretty rare, limited as they are to those who were Champions about 10 years ago. The first use I had of mine was to fill it with Shiner Bock beer at the bar of the Holiday Inn hotel southeast of the Austin Conference center, the night after that year's NIWeek. I don't remember what year, it was a while ago.

If NI had some sense of humor, they should give free hammers instead of those weak screw drivers to the consumers! 🙂 And throwing hammers into the audience during NI Weeks could keep people awake during talks! 100% sure! 😄

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 44
(6,181 Views)

@Blokk wrote:

...remember what year, it was a while ago.

If NI had some sense of humor, they should give free hammers instead of those weak screw drivers to the consumers! 🙂 And throwing hammers into the audience during NI Weeks could keep people awake during talks! 100% sure! 😄

A couple of my rookies won a big award from NI for an application used at...

Spoiler
politically incorrect...

Fracking sites. The app. was impressive but there were a few caveats involved with that application.

1) Standard extension cords were used for all cabling. It was hard enough being out in the middle of no-where let alone trying to find a replacement cable because a pump truck just drove over a cable. Using extension cords they need only find the closest hardware store.

2) Another requirement was that we could put together anything that would work but we were limited to only using the tools they had on the well-site... no pocket screw drivers... The available tools were "a 8, 10 and 12 pound sledge".

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 44
(6,172 Views)