LabVIEW, DSC, and RT

Certification:
Certified LabVIEW Architect (#54)

Used LabVIEW Since:
LabVIEW 4, 1998

Applications Areas:
Consulting - varies

Biography:
I first was introduced to LabVIEW while working in the University of Pittsburgh Condensed Matter Physics labs. While working in the labs, I used LabVIEW part time to automate repetitive processes such as aligning single mode optical fiber and characterizing ferroelectric thin films. I found LabVIEW's block diagrams to be intuitive after having come from an electrical engineering background. The development environment also eliminated all syntax issues so development was actually fun.

After a few years of only using LabVIEW part-time, I was given the opportunity to use it full-time as a Senior Measurement & Automation Architect with my current company Data Science Automation. I design, develop, and support applications for my customers to fit their needs. I am generally responsible for all new designs that come out of our main office and also provide on-site consulting to troubleshoot or optimize applications developed by other organizations.

I am now retired and spend my time tending to my gardens, grape vines, and fruits and nut orchard in season and work shop when not in season.

A short list of the applications I have developed and supported using LabVIEW follows:

To view a partial list of the applications I have worked on see here.

User Groups:
N/A

Discussion Groups:
NI Discussion Forums, Info-LabVIEW, LAVA

Websites:
N/A

Articles:
Characterization of the next-generation aircraft fuel pump using LabVIEW Real-Time

• CompactPCI Magazine Jan/Feb 2003
  • NI Week Best in Category

Action Engines, What are they?

Threading and Re-Use of Buffers Using Call By reference Nodes (Duct tape Required)

Type Definitions Let You See Your Application in a Different Way

Using Control References

Dynamic Instantiation of Occurrence Based Architecture

"Reach Out and Touch Some VI" - An Introduction to Using VI Server to Control Applications Over a Ne...

Books:
N/A

Comments
Faisy
on

Hello Sir,

Hope you will be fine, 

Hello,
My Name is Faisal Saeed doing Masters in Electrical Engineering from Ghulam Ishaq Khan Institute of Engineering Sciences Swabi, Pakistan and my research is in Electro hydrodynamics.For this purpose my university purchased two Thor Lab KBD101 Brushless motor controllers with two different DDSM100/M actuators attached to it, I want to design my program in Labview using Active X APT server although i have installed the APT software (32 bit) and working Labview 2020(32 bit) on 64 bit Windows 10 Operating system but my problem is that when i open control pallete on front panel of Labview then go to .NetActive X and then select Active X container and then right click on it and go to insert Active X object  by right clicking then i do not get (MGMotor Control) there. Attached is the figure related to my problem. Kindly suggest me what to do?. How can i add the library of (MGMotor Control) in Active X container of Labview . Waiting your reply soon.

Thank you

Best Regards
Contributors