git4G is an easy to use toolkit for NI LabVIEW that integrates Git - the well-known and free Source Control Management System -- into the development environment of LabVIEW.
It provides all important source control managing functions and furthermore supports many popular Git hosting services like GitHub and GitLab. Since Git is a distributed revision control system a server is not mandatory. All source control managing functions can be used without a server.
The Git functions can be called directly from the LabVIEW Project Explorer. The current status of the files and the repository are indicated by icons inside the project window.
Based onyour feedback we have improved our products XLR8 V 2.3 and SP7 V1.6 seriously in order to solve some issues. We were able to enhance the overall performance and compatibility of the products. Especially SP7 is now able to communicate with S7 1200 plc´s which was an urgent need of many customers.
Changelog SP7 V1.6
- Additional support of S7 1200 plc
- Empty Input Array fixed
- Connected Boolean fixed (#795)
- Optimized error handling (#1231)
- Extended documentation
- Maximum offsets and values are not limited by SP7 anymore (#820)
- Reliability of connection indicator in open connection (#795)
- More datatypes in DB functionality "S5Time, Date, Date and Time" (#763)
- Extended documentation
- Performance improvements
Changelog XLR8 V2.3
- New polymorphic function "Color Area"
- New function "Get Cellstyle"
- "write to named range" automatically selects the corresponding sheet (#928)
- "close Workbook" outputs the original file path (#1196)
- "close Workbook" input "save file" is recommended not required (#1196)
- "format Area" policy bug fixed (#1176)
- "wrap Text" style bug fixed (#1173)
- "hyperlink" bug in .xlsx fixed (#804)
- "get named ranges" outputs the corresponding sheet with the correct rows and columns (#984)
- "delete sheet" removes corresponding named ranges (#798)
- "read Area" reading below last row bug (#802)
- Performance improvements in style handling
- Improved memory handling
Please continue to give us feedback and feel free to rate XLR8 or SP7 on ni.com. Use this community to share your wishes, goals and ideas for our tools as we continue to make it even more compatible and more powerful. Your feedback is very important to us!
we are happy and proud to announce that we just released our toolkit XLR8 V 18.104.22.168.
(requirements: LabVIEW 2010+, VIPM 2014+)
We have been working hard to further improve the product and took your feedback seriously in order to solve some issues. We were able to enhance the overall performance and compatibility of the product.
Among the many improvements are:
- Optimized multiple save operations (#750)
- "Read Area (All Types)" double as date interpretation solved (#423, #556)
- "Read Area (All Types)", formula results are now user-selectable (#738, #739)
the holiday season is in full swing. As our main event for this year's SPS/IPC/Drives booth, we released our new tool "SP7".
It is a toolkit to enable LabVIEW users to easily share and exchange data with Siemens Simatic S7-200/300/400 PLCs. It requires an Ethernet connection to the PLC and allows read and write operations on M, DB, AI, DI, DO code modules. The PLC code does not have to be modified!
NI just launched a new webcast series on how to build an embedded control system. At DATA AHEAD, an experienced integration partner, we have been offering embedded solutions to our customers for more than ten years. We are happy to be part of the webcast series - introducing the very basic concept of PID control.
I just posted an early version of the MQTT LabVIEW library. It's a starting point for anyone looking into distributed monitoring and M2M applications in general. It is a light-weight protocol and has been used extensively at IBM and Facebook.
Feel free to try it out, improve the VIs, fix some bugs and let us know what you think.
It is an cloud-based, intelligent historical database for storing distributed monitoring data. It is a scalable, robust platform to add online storage to any monitoring / M2M application.
What's in the pipeline?
We will soon release "XLR8" - a toolkit to allow binary access to Microsoft Excel® files without using ActiveX and without requiring a Microsoft Excel® license
We are also working on a LabVIEW implementation of the "MQTT" protocol. This is a smart, "soon-to-be standard" for the IoT (Internet of Things) and allows for flexible communication possibilities in the M2M / monitoring realm
Also, we are developing a driver to interface Siemens PLCs directly from LabVIEW
Stay tuned for more information - and feel free to leave us a message!