cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

select which plot to view on a waveform chart

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys,

i am logging about 30 channels of data and would like to have 1 waveform chart with a drop-down box which allows the user to select one channel to display on the waveform graph, i cant figure out how to do this, i cant seem to find a relevent property node in the chart options.

Thanks Zac.

Message 1 of 12
(5,265 Views)

Hi friends

I am Joseph from London.

This is good idea I agree with your suggestion.

Joseph

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(5,257 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Zac_Acal
I’m not sure if you have a chart or a graph, you mention both. Hhere’s a possible solution for a chart (live data arriving in the loop), a graph would be very similar. You could handle the selection change with an event structure rather than the shift register. Hope this gives you some ideas. Ian
Message 3 of 12
(5,245 Views)

If you prefer not to use a seperate dropdownlist, you can work with shortcut menus as well.

The attached example is LV 8.6.

hope this helps,

Norbert 

[Edit] Corrected small error in example 

Message Edited by Norbert B on 02-19-2009 07:31 AM
Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 4 of 12
(5,241 Views)
Hi Norbert. I like your way of using the menu, I’ve not spotted that before. Ian
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(5,236 Views)

Thanks guys, thats just what i needed.

Zac.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(5,229 Views)

Hang on a minute....

when i create an "active.plot" property node it doesnt have the "plot.visible" bit on it.  How can i creat a property node with active.plot and plot.visible like in your examples?

thanks Zac

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(5,226 Views)

Just enlarge the property node by one (drag the "bottom" down when the mousepointer becomes an up/down-arrow) and select as new (second) property plot >> visible.

hope this helps,

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(5,224 Views)
Or right click on the property node and click "add element"
Cory K
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(5,220 Views)

thanks i've found it now.

I'm still struggling, i'm trying to create a seperate plot for a number of front pannel numberic indicators, so each indicator will have its own plot.

I dont understand where the multiple plots come from in your examples, you use a random number in a for loop, so is the loop itteration what creates the plots e.g 10 itterations means a graph/chart with 10 different plots ?

and how do i feed my multiple numeric indicators or local variables in to different plots, and how do i specify which is which, e.g numeric indicator 3 is plot 1 or what ever...

Thanks Zac.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(5,219 Views)