From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

select which plot to view on a waveform chart

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi guys,

i am logging about 30 channels of data and would like to have 1 waveform chart with a drop-down box which allows the user to select one channel to display on the waveform graph, i cant figure out how to do this, i cant seem to find a relevent property node in the chart options.

Thanks Zac.

Message 1 of 12
(5,259 Views)

Hi friends

I am Joseph from London.

This is good idea I agree with your suggestion.

Joseph

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(5,251 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Zac_Acal
I’m not sure if you have a chart or a graph, you mention both. Hhere’s a possible solution for a chart (live data arriving in the loop), a graph would be very similar. You could handle the selection change with an event structure rather than the shift register. Hope this gives you some ideas. Ian
Message 3 of 12
(5,239 Views)

If you prefer not to use a seperate dropdownlist, you can work with shortcut menus as well.

The attached example is LV 8.6.

hope this helps,

Norbert 

[Edit] Corrected small error in example 

Message Edited by Norbert B on 02-19-2009 07:31 AM
Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 4 of 12
(5,235 Views)
Hi Norbert. I like your way of using the menu, I’ve not spotted that before. Ian
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(5,230 Views)

Thanks guys, thats just what i needed.

Zac.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(5,223 Views)

Hang on a minute....

when i create an "active.plot" property node it doesnt have the "plot.visible" bit on it.  How can i creat a property node with active.plot and plot.visible like in your examples?

thanks Zac

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(5,220 Views)

Just enlarge the property node by one (drag the "bottom" down when the mousepointer becomes an up/down-arrow) and select as new (second) property plot >> visible.

hope this helps,

Norbert 

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(5,218 Views)
Or right click on the property node and click "add element"
Cory K
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(5,214 Views)

thanks i've found it now.

I'm still struggling, i'm trying to create a seperate plot for a number of front pannel numberic indicators, so each indicator will have its own plot.

I dont understand where the multiple plots come from in your examples, you use a random number in a for loop, so is the loop itteration what creates the plots e.g 10 itterations means a graph/chart with 10 different plots ?

and how do i feed my multiple numeric indicators or local variables in to different plots, and how do i specify which is which, e.g numeric indicator 3 is plot 1 or what ever...

Thanks Zac.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(5,213 Views)