LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saving data in one file instead of many

Hi. I'm trying to save cursor values so that I can plot them on a graph later on. I've managed to do this, but instead of saving just one file I seem to be saving the same number of files as there are cursors. All the files are exactly the same and contain the data exactly how I want it, but I just want one of them. I'm automatically saving the data when the stop button is pressed in my program and I don't really want to create another button to save the values if I don't have to. Does anyone know how I can solve this?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,584 Views)

Click on the Write To Measurement File vi.  I believe (without seeing your settings) that in the Action Box you have "Save To series of files (multiple files)" selected rather that "Save to one file".

-Matt

-Matt Bradley

************ kudos always appreciated, but only when deserved **************************

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,581 Views)
I did try that but it didn't seem to make a difference. Would that be the only way to change it?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,579 Views)

hi friends

I am Joseph from London. The process you are trying is possible.

Plz tell me that what is the file format.?

Joseph

Message Edited by STTLLER on 02-19-2009 11:59 PM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,559 Views)

Lun13,

While your image is certainly colorful, it also uses a lot more code than is necessary and it tells no one how you have configured the Express VI. Why don't you just attach the actual code?

Joseph from London,

Why do you think the file format is at all relevant?

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 02-20-2009 09:01 AM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,524 Views)