From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enum to string

Solved!
Go to solution
Ton posted "I doubt that, ..."

Lets say that I had also mentioned that behaviour was observed under LV 6.1 Real-Time, would you still doubt it?

Please see here. So if I am crazy I have been constantly crazy. Smiley Very Happy

Ben

Message Edited by Ben on 07-10-2008 01:01 PM
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 34
(2,440 Views)
Sorry, I must have mist the fineprint Smiley Very Happy

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
Message 22 of 34
(2,433 Views)
i am getting corresponding ring value from other source... i just wanted to  match the string to corresponding value from the source... i already made one ring ctrl, that i made as a strict type control.

find this attachment, in that array variable type and data format i made a ring control with defined value, i just wanted to extract these information  and show in table.

in above source mentioned as array.
Regards,
Balaji DP
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 34
(2,413 Views)

Hi balaji_dp...,

one solution is to create a property node of the control inside the cluster with "Strings and Values". Search for your selected value and show the corresponding string.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 34
(2,407 Views)
Perhaps I'm just a little dense this morning, but it seems that the user is now asking for something completely different (wouldn't be the first time around here), as in matching a string to a list of values. I see no string input in your VI, Mike.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 34
(2,379 Views)

ya you got my point .....!

this is the thing i finding for.....

i need to show the value of corresponding string only......

Regards,
Balaji DP
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 34
(2,368 Views)

can you explain that one again?

more slowly and clearly?  😉

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 34
(2,366 Views)
i have the third party instruments, for that i made a driver to access through labview.....

when i am read the variable type of i/o's  that will be return only a numbers.. like 50, 52, 54, 56... these values are corresponding that strings of I/O's type like digital input, digital output, analog input, analog output......

also, i can send (write) the variable type to that third party instruments....for that i made a ring control for my flexibility.... in my ring control has for strings and values are like  digital input - 50, digital output-52, analog input - 54, analog output - 56....

i cant able to change these values (Values in ring control), because the hardware will keep indentify only these values only....

i done coding for writing variable type to the controller .....

at the moment i want to retrieve the string corresponding values from the ring control.....

find this attachemtn

Regards,
Balaji DP
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 34
(2,358 Views)
Hi balaji_dp...,
sorry for my last post, but i think it´s not complete wrong. You can change it to string and then you should get what you need.

Hope it helps.
Mike
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 34
(2,338 Views)

Thanks, this is more useful for constants 😉

Ben escribió:

Mike and Jorge,

Try "format into string".

I think you'll like it. Smiley Wink

Ben

Message Edited by Ben on 07-10-2008 08:37 AM