cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enum to string

Solved!
Go to solution
Ton posted "I doubt that, ..."

Lets say that I had also mentioned that behaviour was observed under LV 6.1 Real-Time, would you still doubt it?

Please see here. So if I am crazy I have been constantly crazy. Smiley Very Happy

Ben

Message Edited by Ben on 07-10-2008 01:01 PM
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 34
(2,450 Views)
Sorry, I must have mist the fineprint Smiley Very Happy

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
Message 22 of 34
(2,443 Views)
i am getting corresponding ring value from other source... i just wanted to  match the string to corresponding value from the source... i already made one ring ctrl, that i made as a strict type control.

find this attachment, in that array variable type and data format i made a ring control with defined value, i just wanted to extract these information  and show in table.

in above source mentioned as array.
Regards,
Balaji DP
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 34
(2,423 Views)

Hi balaji_dp...,

one solution is to create a property node of the control inside the cluster with "Strings and Values". Search for your selected value and show the corresponding string.

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 34
(2,417 Views)
Perhaps I'm just a little dense this morning, but it seems that the user is now asking for something completely different (wouldn't be the first time around here), as in matching a string to a list of values. I see no string input in your VI, Mike.
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 34
(2,389 Views)

ya you got my point .....!

this is the thing i finding for.....

i need to show the value of corresponding string only......

Regards,
Balaji DP
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 34
(2,378 Views)

can you explain that one again?

more slowly and clearly?  😉

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 34
(2,376 Views)
i have the third party instruments, for that i made a driver to access through labview.....

when i am read the variable type of i/o's  that will be return only a numbers.. like 50, 52, 54, 56... these values are corresponding that strings of I/O's type like digital input, digital output, analog input, analog output......

also, i can send (write) the variable type to that third party instruments....for that i made a ring control for my flexibility.... in my ring control has for strings and values are like  digital input - 50, digital output-52, analog input - 54, analog output - 56....

i cant able to change these values (Values in ring control), because the hardware will keep indentify only these values only....

i done coding for writing variable type to the controller .....

at the moment i want to retrieve the string corresponding values from the ring control.....

find this attachemtn

Regards,
Balaji DP
0 Kudos
Message 28 of 34
(2,368 Views)
Hi balaji_dp...,
sorry for my last post, but i think it´s not complete wrong. You can change it to string and then you should get what you need.

Hope it helps.
Mike
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 34
(2,348 Views)

Thanks, this is more useful for constants 😉

Ben escribió:

Mike and Jorge,

Try "format into string".

I think you'll like it. Smiley Wink

Ben

Message Edited by Ben on 07-10-2008 08:37 AM