From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Set System Mappings For Veristand Using API

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to make a VI that would map the system channels for me inside of a Veristand system definition file. I have quite a few mappings to make and many of the port names are repetitive, so this should be easy to implement. I have attached pictures of my attempt below. The front panel shows the results. The Get Sources and Get Destinations indicators show the one mapping that I made inside of Veristand itself.

I have used the Get Channels block in LabView to verify the path structure and you can see from the Get Sources and Get Destinations indicators that they are correct.

I am planning on throwing this in a for loop and incrementing the number to make all of my connections.

Thanks in advance,

Brent

Message 1 of 3
(2,784 Views)
Solution
Accepted by B2.718

I wrote up some very similar code and it seems to configure system mappings correctly for me as long as I have the system defnition file closed while running the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,756 Views)

It does work properly. I had a space character at the end of some of my port names that I did not realize I had.

Another way to do this that is very nice is to create a tab delimited text file.

Source tab Destination

Source tab Destination

and then import into the system definition in the channels dialog box.

-B2718

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,718 Views)