From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yenknip

The New Icon Editer

Any idea that has received less than 4 kudos within 4 years after posting will be automatically declined.

Having now gotten used to the new icon editer, it is a fantastic improvement on the old one: templates and layers are awesome.

I do however miss the line tool + shift key drawing a 45 degree line.

Also, I think that a user-configurable 'development colour' for the transparent colour might be useful. I find the white and grey checkered pattern doesn't stand out much - if I could set it as some garish luminous colour then I could see what is transparent as I draw the icon.

This development transparent colour might even be stretched to the front panel colours - if one uses an old style cluster box or similar with a transparent border and fill (for aesthetic reasons) then it can be a little trickey to find the border to drag it around. (This might be better suited to a new idea if anyone agrees)

Trusted Enthusiast

There's a new community version of the icon editor that you might like even more than the LV2009 internal one - read about it here and download it here.

PS: thanks to NI for making it possible to improve it!

Copyright © 2004-2023 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved. This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

There is an update for the NI LV 2009 icon editor (posted Sept 14, 2009) available here:

http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-6301

This update incorporates many suggestions that we got right off the bat from users and fixes a number of reported bugs.

An entire discussion forum exists for discussions about improving/extending the Icon Editor. It can be found here:

http://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/enhanced-icon-editor-2009

yenknip
Active Participant
Champion post Aristos. Wish I could kudo comments
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 4 kudos within 4 years after posting will be automatically declined.