LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yenknip

The New Icon Editer

Any idea that has received less than 4 kudos within 4 years after posting will be automatically declined.

Having now gotten used to the new icon editer, it is a fantastic improvement on the old one: templates and layers are awesome.

I do however miss the line tool + shift key drawing a 45 degree line.

Also, I think that a user-configurable 'development colour' for the transparent colour might be useful. I find the white and grey checkered pattern doesn't stand out much - if I could set it as some garish luminous colour then I could see what is transparent as I draw the icon.

This development transparent colour might even be stretched to the front panel colours - if one uses an old style cluster box or similar with a transparent border and fill (for aesthetic reasons) then it can be a little trickey to find the border to drag it around. (This might be better suited to a new idea if anyone agrees)

Trusted Enthusiast

There's a new community version of the icon editor that you might like even more than the LV2009 internal one - read about it here and download it here.

PS: thanks to NI for making it possible to improve it!

Copyright © 2004-2023 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved. This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

There is an update for the NI LV 2009 icon editor (posted Sept 14, 2009) available here:

http://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-6301

This update incorporates many suggestions that we got right off the bat from users and fixes a number of reported bugs.

An entire discussion forum exists for discussions about improving/extending the Icon Editor. It can be found here:

http://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/enhanced-icon-editor-2009

yenknip
Active Participant
Champion post Aristos. Wish I could kudo comments
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 4 kudos within 4 years after posting will be automatically declined.