From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA: Error -1073807252 (Hex 0xBFFF006C)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi nehap,

May I ask what you changed the buffer size to?  How did you implement a delay to the input?  A little more context may help with troubleshooting your issue.

You also may want to try making a new forum post and reference this one.  Older posts generally have less visibility, and thus will not get as much attention.  Also this one already has a marked solution.  People may not think to check the page, considering there is a solution.  Additionally, you won't be able to mark a solution of your own once you find the answer.

Trevor H.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(3,165 Views)

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for the reply. Could u please suggest the forum where I can put up this question?

I tried posting it in other groups, but I did not receive any response.

About the error part, I found out that when I include too many function blocks in my while loop the loop runs very slow and the complete program runs slower and I get that error. I have attached the picture of my VI. I tried putting a while loop on serial communication part but it doesnt help my program as i need continuos inputs to the PID block.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(3,157 Views)

So to be clear, you are using a cRIO to communicate read serial data?  Are there other tasks the code should accomplish?  If so, what?

Having lots of code inside a while loop will slow the loop down, as the loop will not reset until all code inside it is executed.  We do however have a design pattern called producer/consumer which allows for parallelization of tasks, increasing efficiency.  This may be a useful solution to your problem of continuous input.  There is a white paper describing this design pattern, and how to use it.

Trevor H.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(3,122 Views)

Thanks! this seemed to work for me. Just trying to read a simple string from an arduino via a TTL to USB converter.

I doubled the default value of the buffer, both devices @ 9600.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(2,554 Views)