Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keysight 33522B, 2000 Series Keysight Scope Self Test Failure

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Everyone,

I am working on Scope, Waveform Generator, and Amplifier. I am using DLL which is provided by Manufacturer.

My problem is in Self Test and All of my devices have the same problem. While self-test working, the device returns false request but ı see on the screen the self-test continue and it pass after 5-10 second.

How can ı do solve my problem? It looks like a timeout problem I think. I know VI_ATTR_TMO_VALUE attribute is about timeout attribute. But ı couldn't find Attribute ID.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,744 Views)

Seeing how this instrument does accept SCPI commands, try to send the following:

*OPC?\n

To verify that the system is not currently waiting on any other commands.  It should respond with a "1" then send the

*TST?\n
Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,725 Views)

@Minions wrote:

Seeing how this instrument does accept SCPI commands, try to send the following:

*OPC?\n

To verify that the system is not currently waiting on any other commands.  It should respond with a "1" then send the

*TST?\n

When .ı send command on NI MAX, *OPC?\n returns 1, and *TST?\n returns 0. Everthing is normal. I am working  on TestStand. Self Test function returns respond before the finish self test function.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,706 Views)

I saw a note in code. That is  "* Please set VI_ATTR_TMO_VALUE to 30000 ms or greater." How can ı change  VI_ATTR_TMO_VALUE attribute.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,702 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author standalone

I solved this problem. 

viSetAttribute (io, VI_ATTR_TMO_VALUE, 30000);

I added this code to my device source code.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,701 Views)