Instrument Control (GPIB, Serial, VISA, IVI)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA: Error -1073807252 (Hex 0xBFFF006C)

Solved!
Go to solution

Getting the following error message on the VISA Read in a Basic Serial Write and Read.vi:

Error -1073807252 (Hex 0xBFFF006C)

Possibble reason(s): 

VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF006C0 An overrun error occured during transfer. A character was not read from the hardware before the next character arrived.

Had a look on the forum, but could not get a clear answer as to how to resolve this issue.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 14
(20,190 Views)

read faster. Your serial input receives more characters than you read.

greetings from the Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 14
(20,187 Views)

Read faster? The Baud Rate is set to 115200 as the device I am comunicating with. Do you mean reduce the "Delay Before Read (ms)"?

What I neglected to mention is that the error is on a test set that has been used for about a year without any issues. The test set was then stored for a year. Some more UUTs have to be tested and the original USB-to-RS232 converter that was used is missing. Replaced it, but not sure if the replacement caused this error. Steps using the same VI but with less data from the UUT do not generate the error.

Message 3 of 14
(20,186 Views)

Be careful with usb to rs232 converters. Some are more equal than others to quote animal farm.

So probably that is the problem.

Message 4 of 14
(20,179 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rooi-V

I did not explicitly set the I/O buffer size before and it defaults to 4096. I now increased the buffer size by using the VISA Set I/O Buffer Size sub-VI and it resolved my issue. Not sure why I did not encounter this issue before.

Message 5 of 14
(20,176 Views)

good you got it working

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 14
(20,164 Views)

Problem Statement:

I am getting VISA error after running of around 12-24 Hrs of time and then LabVIEW stops responding and it hangs up. Only restart of laptop is solution to get the things to start again. Error Code is not constant but offen is 1073807194

Detail information :

A hardware with RS232 port is connected to Laptop using USB to RS232 converter. VISA is configured with 9600baud rate and terminataion ON with 0x0A character. LabVIEW try to communicate the hardware over the interface frequently. The code is written in such a way that LabVIEW opens the VISA serial port -> execute task Communicate READ and WRITE both --> Disconnect. There are many write and read command before disconnect. After some time it again initiate the same operation based on state diagram.

After operation of more than 12Hrs to 24Hrs, it stops to communicate.

I tried to use many different programming or configuration - Asynchronous/Synchronous, With and without termination character, With and without disconnecting the port. IO buffer flush, setting memory size - 16 - 4096byte.... Still the problem exist... Can any one give some more direction?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 14
(17,770 Views)

Sounds like Windows is turning off your USB port to "save power".  If you go into the Windows Device Manager, you can turn this feature off for all of your USB hubs.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 8 of 14
(17,762 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 14
(16,155 Views)

Error -1073807252 (Hex 0xBFFF006C)

Possibble reason(s): 

VISA: (Hex 0xBFFF006C0 An overrun error occured during transfer. A character was not read from the hardware before the next character arrived.

i am facing this issue.

I tried to change buffer size, delay the input but cound not resolve. pl help.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 14
(12,536 Views)