Data Acquisition Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
falkpl

Lightweight daqmx installer

I have a hard time explaning to clients that the little application that just monitors a few AI channels requires a huge (several 100'sMB) installer to run.  It would be nice to allow for a small subset of daqmx to work.  Maybe there is a way of doing this or maybe it is way too hard, but it would be nice to have the ability to filter support for devices and daq type on the drivers installation.

IE:

install only 6609 or 6008 AI only support where the installer would be a small fraction of the current size.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
4 Comments
tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI
I think DAQmx Base is what you want, but I never used it, so I can't say. I agree with you in principal, though.

I would definitely agree with this - we only use two DAQs at the moment (both M series) and having to include a >100MB installer for any new installation is a pain.

Maybe the DAQMX option in the build tree could have a sub menu - ie: select all or specific options for the installer.

Regards

Paul

CLD running LabVIEW 2012 32 & 64 bit on Windows 7 64 bit OS.
G-Money
NI Employee (retired)

I am going to move this idea to the DAQ Idea Exchange so that the DAQ R&D team who develops DAQmx can view this.

Ray.R
Knight of NI

Kudos...  I agree with you.  There should be a lite version. 

I will have to check the link provided by tst.