BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do Y'all think about an "All Noobs Week" on the forum?

Seems like just yesterday that Dennis and I where answering questions on the week-ends to get them all answered.

These days it almost seems that the frequent flyers are climbing over each other to get answers posted. Since our regulars are such a powerful group it is probably hard for noobs to feel like they even have a chance. So...

How about a an "All NOOBS WEEK"?

The regulars would still be able to reply to the posts by noobs to add to enhanced but the initial replies will have to come from noobs.

What do YOU think?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 1 of 45
(14,549 Views)

Are we allowed to reply to this post? 😉

We didn't manage to pull it off the last time we tried this, but I'm willing to do it.

One additional rule I would add is that if a post hasn't been answered after N time (1 day, 2 days, whatever), it becomes fair game.

(14,534 Views)

But we need a clear definition of who's a Noob and who isn't.....

Message 3 of 45
(14,529 Views)

@tst wrote:

Are we allowed to reply to this post? 😉

We didn't manage to pull it off the last time we tried this, but I'm willing to do it.

One additional rule I would add is that if a post hasn't been answered after N time (1 day, 2 days, whatever), it becomes fair game.

That was different. We were organizing a strike (that Dennis never knew about, boy was he busy that week Smiley Surprised ).

So we have one vote for the idea with the above stated rule modification.

Other thoughts?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 45
(14,528 Views)

I think it is a good idea. It will help get more people involved in the forum.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 45
(14,524 Views)

I'll vote for this idea.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 45
(14,513 Views)

I like it except the name.

"Members Week" sounds a bit more PC and adds a bit of embedded clarification on the "rules" governing the first responder.  Can we get some buy-in from NI? an annoucement preciding the week?  Newer blue-bars ready to up their game for a week?  (Sorry, Darrin, Arestos Queue, et al- you aren't noobs!)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 45
(14,507 Views)

I'd probably get more "real" work done. When was this "strike"? Was it during one of my "quiet times"?

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 45
(14,479 Views)

I always miss the special event....  😞

😉

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 45
(14,474 Views)

Stupid Serial Port Questions should still to to Dennis first.

Richard

Message 10 of 45
(14,466 Views)