BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do Y'all think about an "All Noobs Week" on the forum?

Well in the future feel free to make a new thread where you can ask a new question.  Since this is breakpoint where nothing is off topic I don't mind pointing you in the direction of this white paper which talks about the concepts of a producer consumer.  This same technique can be used with Queues, User Events, and Channel Wires just to name a few.

0 Kudos
Message 41 of 45
(4,707 Views)

Interesting idea, Ben ... even though it is a bit old 🙂

Over the last few years I've kind of gone through what you were trying to do with your "Noob Week".  When I first started in LabVIEW I was constantly posting questions on the forums.  As I slowly got a bit better at developing I'd regularly look for times when I could contribute.  Someone would post a question and I'd think "OH!  I know this one!"  and click on the thread, only to find a more thorough and in-depth answer than I was capable of providing.

The transition between "I usually need help" to "I usually can provide help" took a couple of years.  During this time, some of the best learning I did was reading people's questions and trying to come up with an answer, and then comparing my answer to what one of the experts provided.  This let me solve the problem first and then figure out what I could have done better.

So, even though when I just first learning I would have loved the chance to answer questions more often, the inability to do so actually helped me learn more than I otherwise would have 🙂

Message 42 of 45
(4,690 Views)

wrote:

wrote:

Definitely a Noob as well.  Been programming with Labview for 3 weeks now.  I have so many questions I don't care who answers them or when as long as they get answered Smiley Very Happy  I love it so far btw. I am more accustomed to a text based language like C++, but this is very interested.

Thank you for bumping this thread. I had forgotten about it. Looking back the people that were noobs are now the experts so every week is "Noob Week" now.

Ben

We had some good resources around to lead the way.

Spoiler
And, oh man, I may need to repair my ironometer after that crack about physicists. 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 43 of 45
(4,633 Views)

We had some good resources around to lead the way.

Spoiler
And, oh man, I may need to repair my ironometer after that crack about physicists. 

July will be here soon enough.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 44 of 45
(4,621 Views)

Hi Hooovahh,

Thank you for the link to the white paper.  It was exactly what I have been looking for. Also, my boss is going to send me to training soon. Smiley Very Happy  Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 45 of 45
(4,548 Views)