BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do Y'all think about an "All Noobs Week" on the forum?

@Darin.K wrote:

I am not the suspicious type, but was this meant to coincide with Ben's 10-day hiatus so he would not lose any ground?

Spoiler
I am sure there is a perfectly reasonable explanation involving barbed-wire fences, closed networks or wild Steelers Tailgate parties.

Then I should have satrted this thread much earlier to pull that off. Now you claim not be a "suspicious type" so there must have been something that I have done previously to suggest this possibility to you. I am curious what that may have been.

Hmmmm?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 31 of 45
(11,407 Views)

@Ben wrote:

Then I should have satrted this thread much earlier to pull that off. Now you claim not be a "suspicious type" so there must have been something that I have done previously to suggest this possibility to you. I am curious what that may have been.

Hmmmm?

Physicists are fiendishly clever and Steelers fans are a pretty shady bunch, the combination should make anyone a little suspicious.

Message 32 of 45
(11,390 Views)

I recently noticed some people with just some light yellow on their bars trying to give others support in the LV forum.

Is this discussion already having an effect? Or did 'we' spread our culture of helping? Or did this discussion just made me aware of this? Or did 'we' change our behaviour (due to this discussion or frustration)?

Well, I must confess that I did forget the most important thing: Kudo their attempt to join the team.

Felix

Message 33 of 45
(11,369 Views)

@Darin.K wrote:

Physicists are fiendishly clever and Steelers fans are a pretty shady bunch, the combination should make anyone a little suspicious.

Smiley Very Happy-'nuff said

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 34 of 45
(11,335 Views)

@Darin.K wrote:

touche!

BACK TO THE TOPIC!

Does nayone else want to chime in on this idea?

If not I'll cal this discusion settled as...

"If NI will handle the scheduling and anouncements, we are game to give it a try"

So speak now so we can hear your voice.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 35 of 45
(11,329 Views)

It would be interesting to see if the 'mean time to first answer' will drop ...  if I would knew where to find such a statistic 🙂

It's fun to help others, because you feel better, so helping others is pure egoism 😉

So I regularly browse some boards and peek into topics that sound interesting or where I think I can help (or both).

My time for this is restricted, I don't know how others can have a family life, work AND answer such a lot of questions 😮  (it took me 8 years to pass my 1k)

I have seen other forums (also technical) that where dominated by some posters, where I would say 'Yes, please hold back', but not here, mostly because 'our knights' (or NoNoobs)  only dominate by number of post,  maybe knowledge 😉 , and the mean time to answer but not in their habit!  

The only reason I see to vote for a "All Noobs Week" is to give others the chance to feel better....                                     <-  pure egoism 😉

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 36 of 45
(11,279 Views)

@Henrik Volkers wrote:

It's fun to help others, because you feel better, so helping others is pure egoism 😉

The only reason I see to vote for a "All Noobs Week" is to give others the chance to feel better....                                     <-  pure egoism 😉

I agree with you there Henrik!  I sometimes find that I get a little egotistical about a successful thread where a poster made breakthroughs in understanding.  When my head swells too big I remember a bumper sticker I once saw....."If we are all here to help others, what are the others here for?"

Cynicism to keep myself groundedSmiley Very Happy

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 37 of 45
(11,265 Views)

Definitely a Noob as well.  Been programming with Labview for 3 weeks now.  I have so many questions I don't care who answers them or when as long as they get answered Smiley Very Happy  I love it so far btw. I am more accustomed to a text based language like C++, but this is very interested.

0 Kudos
Message 38 of 45
(8,425 Views)

wrote:

Definitely a Noob as well.  Been programming with Labview for 3 weeks now.  I have so many questions I don't care who answers them or when as long as they get answered Smiley Very Happy  I love it so far btw. I am more accustomed to a text based language like C++, but this is very interested.

Thank you for bumping this thread. I had forgotten about it. Looking back the people that were noobs are now the experts so every week is "Noob Week" now.

Ben

0 Kudos
Message 39 of 45
(8,419 Views)

Not a problem, I was having a problem with the producer/consumer loop and this thread popped up. It can be frustrating but I'm working through and learning as I go.

0 Kudos
Message 40 of 45
(8,412 Views)