BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rube Goldberg Code

@Yamaeda wrote:

wiebe@CARYA wrote:

The array to cluster + unbundle has the advantage of being 'vertically friendly'.

Array Size With Unbundle.PNG

I'd say a Get Matrix Size saves you a couple of blocks.:)

For some reason I never remember to use it.

(It was mentioned earlier. This thread is way to long.)

Message 2291 of 2,560
(7,816 Views)

This thread is mostly about Rube Goldberg LabVIEW code. Occasionally a verbal code description can be considered Rube Goldberg, sometimes it borders on gibberish. I suspect that the following reply was written in some foreign language and then butchered by some translation software. Can anyone guess to original language? Can anyone get any useful information out of all this?

@JethTran wrote:

Hi....In the event that you Write a variety of ones and zeroes to the Array of Boolean Indicators, the qualities will mirror the 1 and 0 of the source exhibit.

The source can be the aftereffect of some interaction, a steady positioned on the Block Diagram, or a Control put on the Front Panel UI. The Write work is refined by the utilization of a wire joined from the source symbol to the sinking symbol of the marker exhibit.

On the Block Diagram you will see a Constant, Control or other interaction Source wired to the symbol of an Indicator that is a variety of like measurement and type to the source.

Maybe you should shows us and illustration of your own work so we can appropriately resolve the particular issue you are having as opposed to driving us to be general and vague in noting your solicitation.

0 Kudos
Message 2292 of 2,560
(7,604 Views)

Grammar is too good to be a translation, sounds more like the poster was intentionally vague and cryptic with his/her response 😄

Message 2293 of 2,560
(7,547 Views)

Strangely, he also created his account just to answer that

VinnyLaTaupe_0-1622729498170.png

0 Kudos
Message 2294 of 2,560
(7,544 Views)

@AeroSoul wrote:

Grammar is too good to be a translation, sounds more like the poster was intentionally vague and cryptic with his/her response 😄

There's also this:

Maybe you should shows us and illustration

Switching "an" for "and" isn't a mistake translator software would likely make.

0 Kudos
Message 2295 of 2,560
(7,502 Views)

Another possibility is that someone tries to do some posts to get the account verified so that they can later use it for spamming. NI currently does not allow new accounts to post more than one or two posts a day.

I also regularly see posts that sound gibberish and illogical but the person doing them clearly choose some gibberish that actually almost makes sense in respect to the thread topic. But then there is the unavoidable spam link at the end of the post.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2296 of 2,560
(7,470 Views)

Just yesterday i reported a reply that was basically "Visit this indian review website" with a link.

Newly created account and that was their only post.

0 Kudos
Message 2297 of 2,560
(7,437 Views)

Slicing and dicing some waveforms:

(And since all probably have the same timing information, it might be worth sticking to simpler datatypes)

(seen here)

altenbach_0-1623271553438.png

0 Kudos
Message 2298 of 2,560
(7,243 Views)

AeroSoul_0-1624001270236.png

From here

0 Kudos
Message 2299 of 2,560
(6,708 Views)

So somebody posts some convoluted code, I post a reply with a simple demo 1/4 the size of a postcard, but the OP considers it "really complicated" and  creates the following much simpler (NOT!) implementation instead, spanning three screens and basically violating every single rule for event structures and sane coding practices.

How does one respond to that? 😄 Sigh!

altenbach_0-1624208703192.png

Message 2300 of 2,560
(6,478 Views)