LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use an array to change the value of the LED?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I have some ideas for the games by using LEDs. 

I would like to control them based on their locations like [x;y]. I have tried to use an array to control a specific LED easily but it didn't work.

Does anyone know how to do that? Do you have any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,288 Views)
Solution
Accepted by longnhan252

Store the array in a Shift Register.  You can then use Replace Array Subset to update a specific LED.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,255 Views)

Tks I will try it

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,250 Views)

@longnhan252 wrote:

I have tried to use an array to control a specific LED easily but it didn't work.

An array is just a data structure and does not control anything. We can only help you if you show us what you tried. A picture of a 2D Boolean array is not useful, we don't even know if it is a control or indicator.

@longnhan252 wrote:

Does anyone know how to do that? Do you have any other suggestions?

Once you define what you are trying to do, we will be willing to help. Define "control them". What does the user do what what you be displayed during play? You show 64 LEDs. Is only one lit an any give time or more? What makes one turn on or off?

Feel free to attach your code attempt.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,209 Views)

Last time I have made a snake game by using matrix led and Arduino. I just want to make it again on LabVIEW. So I can't use the array on this idea, right? Is there any way I can try?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,166 Views)

@longnhan252 wrote:

Is there any way I can try?

There are many, many ways you can try. I would start with the learning resources on top of the forum.

Of course you can use a 2D boolean array!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,154 Views)

Hi....In the event that you Write a variety of ones and zeroes to the Array of Boolean Indicators, the qualities will mirror the 1 and 0 of the source exhibit.

The source can be the aftereffect of some interaction, a steady positioned on the Block Diagram, or a Control put on the Front Panel UI. The Write work is refined by the utilization of a wire joined from the source symbol to the sinking symbol of the marker exhibit.

On the Block Diagram you will see a Constant, Control or other interaction Source wired to the symbol of an Indicator that is a variety of like measurement and type to the source.

Maybe you should shows us and illustration of your own work so we can appropriately resolve the particular issue you are having as opposed to driving us to be general and vague in noting your solicitation.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,089 Views)

@JethTran wrote:

Hi....In the event that you Write a variety of ones and zeroes to the Array of Boolean Indicators, the qualities will mirror the 1 and 0 of the source exhibit.

The source can be the aftereffect of some interaction, a steady positioned on the Block Diagram, or a Control put on the Front Panel UI. The Write work is refined by the utilization of a wire joined from the source symbol to the sinking symbol of the marker exhibit.

On the Block Diagram you will see a Constant, Control or other interaction Source wired to the symbol of an Indicator that is a variety of like measurement and type to the source.

Maybe you should shows us and illustration of your own work so we can appropriately resolve the particular issue you are having as opposed to driving us to be general and vague in noting your solicitation.

So none of this makes any sense whatsoever! What kind of translation software did you use?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,075 Views)