BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LabTOONS, The secret life of LabVIEW objects!

There is nothing wrong with the beautiful colors of our Dutch friends.. 😮 

The world need colors!!  😄

LOL!!  You guys are funny.  !!  Excellent one Altenbach.  Hope you don't mind that I reference it when people abuse those Stacked Sequences!  LOL!! 😄

0 Kudos
Message 81 of 224
(22,364 Views)

Yair wrote " It was a (probably bad) joke on the tendency some European countries (e.g. Holland) have to make things colorful."

Ray wrote "There is nothing wrong with the beautiful colors of our Dutch friends..   "

Isn't there a historical reason behind that? Something like dyes were expensive before the Germans (?) started cooking up petroleum...

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 82 of 224
(22,362 Views)
All I know is that Holland has orange as it's national colour representing the royal family I believe......

Sice Orange is one of the brightest perceived colours, maybe all other Dutch colours feel the need to compensate.....

Shane.
Message 83 of 224
(22,357 Views)
He, watch your mouth.

Here's the historical information.
The dutch royal family had a princedom in France named Orange after the Oranges (like Orange County).
So the family is named 'Of Orange' this returned into the Jerseys of the national soccer team (and other national teams), so during sporting festivities (like the current European Soccer championships) the main marketing colour is orange.

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 84 of 224
(22,337 Views)
He watch your mouth (?!)

Orange is one of the brighter perceived colours for the human eye.  It's the reason why it's used for warning stripes, police cars (in a lot of european countries at least) and so on.

Put several colours alongside each other and orange tends to get the attention.

That's all I meant, no more no less.  In order to get noticed in relation to orange, effort is required.....

Shane.
0 Kudos
Message 85 of 224
(22,332 Views)

Can somebody please switch back to the LabTOON channel? Smiley Very Happy

Altenbach Thanks again for these very funny and relaxing breaks!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
... And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wires...
Message 86 of 224
(22,304 Views)

You'r so right Gabi.

Don't spoil this beautifull thread with this orange stuff.

I don't like soccer and I don't like the world arround me turn into orange.  Smiley Mad   Oh yes I almost forgot I am Dutch  Smiley Happy

Back to the Labtoons, Altenbach I just love it but please keep away from the Orange Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
Message 87 of 224
(22,265 Views)
(The first in a series about the mindless while loop.)

About belief, illusion, fate, and possibly religion. 😄

Message Edited by altenbach on 06-11-2008 12:37 AM
Message 88 of 224
(22,257 Views)

Today is about the art of communication to solve broken relationships. 😄

Message Edited by altenbach on 06-12-2008 01:39 AM
Message 89 of 224
(22,192 Views)
Here's a new one from the "field guide" series. 😄

This time we are dealing with self-centered, egoistical constructs.

Message Edited by altenbach on 06-13-2008 03:25 AM
Message 90 of 224
(22,125 Views)