BreakPoint

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double Posts/Triple Posts?

Message 51 of 65
(14,361 Views)

That thread was actully from before the forums. I started when they were first announced and due a screw-up my account had to be started over again from scratch. My current account only required four digits and was create in 2001. that thread dates back prior.

If you want to get an idea of what the forum was like back then, imagine answering LV questions without being able to use a picture!

Info-LabVIEW and LTR were all the rage back then.

Anyone remeber LTR?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 52 of 65
(14,311 Views)

Fondly.

I think I still have a folder (the cardboard kind) with several issues. The Guide to Wire by (don't recall the exact title) was excellent.

Lynn

Message 53 of 65
(14,290 Views)

Oh so very close, we have a runner up at 14 years, 11 months, 4 weeks, 2 days.  Thanks for playing.

Message 54 of 65
(13,840 Views)

Unfortunately, bumping this thread reminded me about Lynn.

Spoiler

It is nearly a year since his last visit to the forums. I did try to message him, and e-mail him with no reply. I did do a search to find an obituary but I could not find anything that looked like it was him. From others searches I believe his name may have been "Lynn D. Johnson" and he was located somewhere in OH.

I have to accept the fact another Knight may have passed.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 55 of 65
(13,819 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

Oh so very close, we have a runner up at 14 years, 11 months, 4 weeks, 2 days.  Thanks for playing.

Another recent gamer, but only managed 13 years and 2 days: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Change-border-of-cluster-control/m-p/3743902/highlight/true#M105387...

0 Kudos
Message 56 of 65
(13,798 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

Okay we have a new winner at 15 years, 10 months, 1 week, and 5 days, at least it isn't NI this time.

A new leader: 16 years, 5 months, 1 week, 3 days

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 57 of 65
(13,701 Views)

I think about 15 years and 9 months (I'm pretty bad with calendar math). At least it was out of politeness.

I'm still waiting to see one where the original poster responds "finally someone is here to help me!"

Message 58 of 65
(13,629 Views)

@Gregory wrote:

I think about 15 years and 9 months (I'm pretty bad with calendar math).

EDIT: Image insert does not seem to work here...

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Download All
Message 59 of 65
(13,623 Views)

Another player:

1. Registered on NI forum today: done.
  2. Reply to a 5 years old thread: "This VI does not exist". Done.
  3. Going into "troll mode". Done.

🙂

Message 60 of 65
(13,616 Views)