LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most of the LabView examples do not work at all

The list is too long to put here, but most of the examples I try to run from LabView do not work or they cause a repetitive error. I also see NI devs on this site posting examples that do not even exist. So what gives NI? LabView used to be a great product and now it has gone down the tubes...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,771 Views)

Hi zm,

do not work or they cause a repetitive error.

Please explain "do not work".

Please explain "repetitive error". Please provide error numbers and/or descriptions.

I also see NI devs on this site posting examples that do not even exist.

You are reading very old threads (like this 7 years). NI has changed the example library some years ago, so finding those very old examples is quite tricky…

You might find this KB entry helpful!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 10
(3,750 Views)

By "do not work at all" I mean they do not run. Very simply, they do not work.

By "repetitive error", I mean that LabView generates an error dialog that I cannot close and the only way to restart LabView is to use the Task Manager to force the program to shut down. I hit the close button on the error dialog and it comes back up immediately.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,743 Views)

It's almost 2 AM in my time zone, I will post error codes sometime in the morning/afternoon

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,741 Views)

Some Examples which requires external  toolkit or drivers wont work, Its obvious.

Waiting for your info about actual problem.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 10
(3,734 Views)

I suppose it's silly to ask if you're opening the examples on an FPGA target or something similar?

Message 6 of 10
(3,704 Views)

@zmpeterson86 wrote:

So what gives NI? LabView used to be a great product and now it has gone down the tubes...

For the most part LabVIEW has gotten faster, more stable, and more intuitive to work with. This was very noticeable to me when I was jumping between 8.5.1 and 2012.

Message 7 of 10
(3,671 Views)

I dont know if I have ever seen a LabVIEW example that didnt run or work properly aside from the ones where it is obvious the user would need to do more, like FPGA projects that need to be compiled. Can you give some examples of ones that 'dont work'?

Message 8 of 10
(3,660 Views)

Maybe, you could start with addressing your system.  What version of LabVIEW, which processor, which OS, how much memory, what is listed in MAX for software/hardware, ...?  Then we can get into you showing/describing an example or two that is having an issue on your machine rather than starting with, "The sky is falling."

Help the Community (and future reviewers) by marking posts as follows:
If it helped - KUDOS
If it answers the issue - SOLUTION
Message 9 of 10
(3,658 Views)

By "repetitive error", I mean that LabView generates an error dialog that I cannot close and the only way to restart LabView is to use the Task Manager to force the program to shut down. I hit the close button on the error dialog and it comes back up immediately.

Just a guess: do you try to run these VIs using the "Run Continuously" button? This could explain the repetitive error dialogs 🙂

Message 10 of 10
(3,634 Views)