Vision Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
SEgeler

VBAI Operate: "Run (combined) Steps" Debugging Function

Not sure if this would work for all your cases, but it might be easy enough to temporarily modify your transitions so they force the flow to always go through the paths you want to test/benchmark. I like your idea though, but in mean time, this might help.

This is about a debugging function in VBAI I miss. If I have a state diagram of some complexity, I might want to start some states combined with each other.

What I currently already can do:

• Run the whole Inspection Once / in Loop / until Failure

Run Inspection

• Run a single State Once / in Loop

Run State

What I would wish to do:

Think of the following diagram: I have two cameras, triggered and run with independent branches of the state machine, as in this picture:

State Diagram 2 Branches

I want to run only one of the branches, i.e. for debugging. Now I would like to do something like this:

Run States

Current workaround:

I can run „Set Camera Trigger 1“ once, then „Get and Process Image 1“ once, that would have the same effect (as „Run States Once“)

2 Comments
Brad
Active Participant
Status changed to: New

Not sure if this would work for all your cases, but it might be easy enough to temporarily modify your transitions so they force the flow to always go through the paths you want to test/benchmark. I like your idea though, but in mean time, this might help.

SEgeler
Active Participant

Yeah, this absolutely is a way, thanks for bringing it up. So we have two workarounds here 🙂