Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Drop Keyboard Shortcut – Arrange VI Window

Kosta
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 47
(2,905 Views)

I am a big fan of this plugin and use it all the time 😁

But it does not know how to handle the labels of an image control or indicator.

Now I end up spamming this plug in with the default Ctrl+T to get the labels under control.

Any chance we can get a fix for this?

My example is from the LV2019 version, but I also have this issue when I am using this community version in LV2018

BenvanSeggelen_0-1589438050967.png

Message 22 of 47
(2,875 Views)

There is a bug in scripting with setting the label position of Image controls. This has been reported to LabVIEW R&D as Bug 166545, and will hopefully be fixed in a future LabVIEW release.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 47
(2,853 Views)

Hi Kosta,

Like the shortcut and will use.  One thing I'm wondering is:  Is there a way to REDUCE the default auto-fit VERTICAL SPACING OF FP OBJECTS?

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 47
(2,789 Views)

@golfman wrote:

Hi Kosta,

Like the shortcut and will use.  One thing I'm wondering is:  Is there a way to REDUCE the default auto-fit VERTICAL SPACING OF FP OBJECTS?

Try setting experimenting with the LabVIEW.INI file keys. I think you might like ArrangeVIW.FPObj.VerticalMarginFactor=1

(2,773 Views)

Thanks Kosta! 

Adding the following to my .ini file

...VerticalMarginFactor=1   #2

...VerticalSpacingFacor=2  #3

is better than defaults shown above with #. 

Also, I have learned that LV ignores anything after the # on the same row in the .ini file.  This is useful, for me, to remind myself what is the default value.  

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 47
(2,759 Views)

@Kosta wrote:

The Arrange VI Window plugin arranges front panel controls based on the connector pane. It also resizes and repositions both front panels and block diagrams to minimize white space and position windows near the upper left corner of the screen. Windows are sized and positioned based on the size of the monitor. If there are too many items, only a portion of the content is shown.

This shortcut is intended for use with LabVIEW 2014 through 2018.

In LV2019, the Front Panel Clean-up feature was included (Ctrl-U). As a relatively new LV user, I'm starting to learn the built-in QD shortcuts. From what I can tell, using this shortcut on the Front Panel is identical to Ctrl-U on the Front Panel.

(Behavior is obviously different on the BD.)

Are there any differences between Ctrl-U and 'Ctrl-Space Ctrl-F' when used on the front panel?

-joeorbob

P.S. Yes, this shortcut was "intended for use through LV2018". But I'm pretty sure this is the Ctrl-F shortcut included with LV2019, so I'm asking the question here instead of in a new thread. 😊

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 47
(2,677 Views)

@User002 wrote:

Are there any differences between Ctrl-U and 'Ctrl-Space Ctrl-F' when used on the front panel?

In LabVIEW 2019 and later, pressing Ctrl-Space, Ctrl-F on the front panel performs the same operation as pressing Ctrl-U.

Message 28 of 47
(2,672 Views)

@User002 wrote:

P.S. Yes, this shortcut was "intended for use through LV2018". But I'm pretty sure this is the Ctrl-F shortcut included with LV2019, so I'm asking the question here instead of in a new thread. 😊

@joeorbob, You are correct about the inclusion in LabVIEW 2019 (and later). That is precisely why I wrote the quoted statement - there is no reason to download the code from this page for those versions of LabVIEW 😊

Kosta
0 Kudos
Message 29 of 47
(2,659 Views)

@Darren wrote:

@User002 wrote:

In LabVIEW 2019 and later, pressing Ctrl-Space, Ctrl-F on the front panel performs the same operation as pressing Ctrl-U.

I have been using the built-in LabVIEW 2019, and seen a slight difference for the front panels for Ctrl+U and QuickDrop. Ctrl+U does not work on controls, but the quick-drop does resize window. I am not sure if the difference is expected or not.

Message 30 of 47
(2,631 Views)