cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-DMM soft panel can not start

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello fellows.

I just encountered a strange problem with NI-DMM - trying to use it for the first time.

To start: I have PXI-1045 with 16 populated slots and 8306 remote controller.

Installed PXI-4070 in slot 16 - can not run self diagnostics but I can reset the card. Moreover,  in MAX I can not read card temperature and calibration dates. NI-DMM gives me an error and can not start completely, please see attached screenshot.

Switching PXI card from slot 16 to slot 15 - same story.

Reinstalled drivers 17.5 to 17.1: same issue - card recognized, but can not run self check and soft panel would not start. This make me thing it's a driver issue.

If anyone encountered the similar issue and found solution - please share you experience.

Thanks,

Sergiy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,628 Views)

This is an error I'm getting when trying to self test PXI-4070 card. Any Ideas what can cause this?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,611 Views)

Hi Sergiy,

Can you click on the menu to expand the software tab inside of NI MAX and upload a screenshot of the installed software just to provide more context for your setup? Also are you powering on the PXI chassis before powering on the computer when booting up?

Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,584 Views)

Hi Daniel.

So I got another card, this time PXI-4065 and getting the same issues.

PXI chassis was powered before computer, all latest drivers installed etc.

Please see screenshot of my software.

Any clues why it's happening? I have PXI-1045 and DMM card goes in slot 15 if that's important. I have SMU in slot 16 and it works just fine

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,527 Views)

Same code and no Soft front panel start for NI-DMM 15.1, 17.1 and 17.5

Can anyone suggest any solution to get DMM cards to work?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(3,524 Views)

Hey Sergiy,

It looks like you have all of the correct drivers installed and the versions installed should work. To clarify, are you still seeing both cards fail the self-test in NI MAX with error 223911 as well? Also, have you tried using different slots in the chassis for these cards?

Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,520 Views)

Hi Daniel.

So here is what I tried:

DMM 17.5

DMM 17.1

DMM 15.1

PXI-4070 & PXI-4065

Slot 15 & 16

All of these combination returns exactly same error depicted in the previous post.

None of these cards pass self test and none of these cards have info in "External calibration" and "Self calibration" fields - just N/A

Hence I tend to suspect some problem with my system, but can not figure it out what is going on

Another piece of the puzzle - DMM soft panel can not start. Message pops up saying that it missing some component - reinstall DMM. Did it twice to no avail

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,518 Views)

Hmmm. What operating system are you running this on? Also, you don't happen to have a spare chassis to try these cards in, do you?

Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(3,493 Views)

Hi, I'm running Win 7 64 bit.

So I'm running 13 cards in PXI-1045 and DMM car din the last slot (tried different slots from 13 to 18 - same error)

I believe it's software problem. The thin is that I can not start DMM softpanel at all. I uninstalled all NI related software, cleaned register, rebooted few times and did a fresh install of NI-DMM of different versions mentioned before - same error every time and no start for soft panel.

I tested card on different chassis (PXIe-1085) and it works without a problem.

I'm getting frustrated here...

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,491 Views)

Okay is the 1085 running an embedded controller? If so, can you swap it out with the 8360? If not, can you swap out whatever card is in the controller slot with the 8360? If we can get the other controller in the 1045 chassis and recreate the same error, then we can narrow it down to either the chassis or the DMM cards themselves being the issue. If we can't recreate the same error with the other controller in the 1045, then we can narrow it down to the software on the 8360.

Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,487 Views)