From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

NI Package Management Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaximeR

NI Package Builder : Add indicator if all files in dir are used in the solution

In the Item View, if some files are insert in a folder, you need to open all folder to make sure your solution is up to date :

MaximeR_0-1607090694572.png

Why not add the Blue Dot to the folder too :

MaximeR_1-1607090878057.png MaximeR_2-1607090907881.png

I don't know also if it's a good idea to allow to have file in multiple location in this view. This can be confusing.

Regards

Maxime R.  

CLA - Certified LabVIEW Architect / Architecte LabVIEW Certifié
  CTA - Certified TestStand Architect / Architecte TestStand Certifié

2 Comments
Scott_Richardson
Active Participant

This is something that we considered in our first (19.0) release, but we did not implement because "folders" are not actually included in the deployment, and we wanted to get feedback on the value of the blue dot indication.

Scott Richardson
MaximeR
Active Participant

I understand. But in fact, if you have a huge folder hierarchie, and you add a file inside a low level folder, it's difficult to find it or to detect rapidly that one or more file are missing. I think that Adding the dot is more efficient than not having this information.

If you collapse all, you can check only non full folder with the dot. Without, you need to expand all and scroll all files and make sure you are not missing one file.

Even if the folder is not include, the purpose of this tree is to list available content. So even if the folder is not present, it seems to me more usual to have the summary at the folder level when you have checkbox inside tree control :

- Empaty Square box : No selection inside it

- Saquare box with small square inside it, partial selection inside it

- Checked box when all content is selected

best regards

Maxime R.  

CLA - Certified LabVIEW Architect / Architecte LabVIEW Certifié
  CTA - Certified TestStand Architect / Architecte TestStand Certifié