From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to load camera's XML file

I'm developing a GigE Vision Camera.

Now I have met the same problem http://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/GigE-Vision-Camera-Connection/m-p/1198767

I wonder how he has solved it.

And I am not sure that I understand what replier:Eric suggested ,Did he mean to copy the XML file(used in camera) to

the directory, ie C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI-IMAQdx\Data\XML?But now the software version I installed is Vision Acquisition 2010 August , NI-IMAQdx 3.7, No such similary  directory is found!

thank you!

Attachment is my xml!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,676 Views)

here is my xml file,when using our application in pc, everything is ok!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,674 Views)

I had the exact same problem last week. I went to update to VAS august 2010 and after I did it messed my system up and I kept getting the "unable to load xml file" error on my GigE camera. Some people suggested reinstalling your camera's firmware. Sadly enough, what worked for me was upgrading to a different version of the vision acquisition software. I used august 2009 instead and gave up on 2010.  

edit: here's the post I made about it. Someone also suggested using the "camera file gnerator" which they linked. 

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/need-help-upgrading-my-vision-acquisition-software/m-p/1621634#M5861...

Hope you can figure it out! I know how frustrating it was when I was getting this error.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,667 Views)

smithers ,

thank you.

Have you fixed the problem finally?

I will try to use  Camera File Generator . this is my first time to use it

God bless me. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,662 Views)

Yes, I've got my camera working since then. But I was never able to update to VAS august 2010. I used the 2009 version instead and it has no problem with my xml file. Hopefully you don't have to downgrade and find a real solution. Also try reloading your camera's firmware by contacting your vendor. Good luck!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,660 Views)

hi smithers:

It is sad vendor is myself. Maybe I need to  downgrade to 2009 vesion like you now,this has  wasted me too much time!

Could you send me your xml file as refence.Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,652 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,642 Views)

Hi,smithers

Thank you, is it a xml file,different from mine

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,634 Views)