Machine Vision

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to load camera's XML file

I'm developing a GigE Vision Camera.

Now I have met the same problem http://forums.ni.com/t5/Machine-Vision/GigE-Vision-Camera-Connection/m-p/1198767

I wonder how he has solved it.

And I am not sure that I understand what replier:Eric suggested ,Did he mean to copy the XML file(used in camera) to

the directory, ie C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI-IMAQdx\Data\XML?But now the software version I installed is Vision Acquisition 2010 August , NI-IMAQdx 3.7, No such similary  directory is found!

thank you!

Attachment is my xml!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,682 Views)

here is my xml file,when using our application in pc, everything is ok!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,680 Views)

I had the exact same problem last week. I went to update to VAS august 2010 and after I did it messed my system up and I kept getting the "unable to load xml file" error on my GigE camera. Some people suggested reinstalling your camera's firmware. Sadly enough, what worked for me was upgrading to a different version of the vision acquisition software. I used august 2009 instead and gave up on 2010.  

edit: here's the post I made about it. Someone also suggested using the "camera file gnerator" which they linked. 

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/need-help-upgrading-my-vision-acquisition-software/m-p/1621634#M5861...

Hope you can figure it out! I know how frustrating it was when I was getting this error.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,673 Views)

smithers ,

thank you.

Have you fixed the problem finally?

I will try to use  Camera File Generator . this is my first time to use it

God bless me. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,668 Views)

Yes, I've got my camera working since then. But I was never able to update to VAS august 2010. I used the 2009 version instead and it has no problem with my xml file. Hopefully you don't have to downgrade and find a real solution. Also try reloading your camera's firmware by contacting your vendor. Good luck!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,666 Views)

hi smithers:

It is sad vendor is myself. Maybe I need to  downgrade to 2009 vesion like you now,this has  wasted me too much time!

Could you send me your xml file as refence.Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,658 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,648 Views)

Hi,smithers

Thank you, is it a xml file,different from mine

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,640 Views)