LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

photovoltaic current

@Pooja-S wrote:

I have a question, in the case structure, i use x1, x2, x3. If i want to replace the labelling of x1, x2, x3 to si, ge, cd respectively, how will i do this?

See this thread for an example of controlling the case structure names.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 41 of 86
(787 Views)

First Question:

Yes, you have wired the case structure corrrectly.  It is one of the main uses of a case structure to select an appropriate choice of multiple output values based on its one input value. 

Second question:

Please look over the link Ben provided to get more info on this subject but the quick answer is to simply change the values in your front panel (position) control using the text tool.  You will see that since the case structures are wired to that control, their case names will update automatically (another benefit of LabVIEW Smiley Happy)

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
0 Kudos
Message 42 of 86
(762 Views)

Hi Zach, how can we change the names of the position of the case structure. Example x1, x2, x3 to si, ge, cd respectively. Pls help thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 43 of 86
(731 Views)

Are you bothering to even read the posts that are answering you???  I just told you that all you have to do is change the names in the front panel control and the case structure will automatically update.  It really should have been the first thing you triedSmiley Tongue

LabVIEW Pro Dev & Measurement Studio Pro (VS Pro) 2019 - Unfortunately now moving back to C#, .NET, Python due to forced change to subscription model by NI. 8^{
Message 44 of 86
(703 Views)

I am kind of late to this thread but here is a vi I did several years ago to test a formula that drives a powersupply to simulate a PV array.

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 45 of 86
(690 Views)

hi frnd....can u pls convert it to labview 2010. thanks loads.

0 Kudos
Message 46 of 86
(669 Views)

Here you go.Smiley Wink

Skimming through this thread I see you are trying to find Ipv this program does not exactly do that but I an sure you can transpose the formula to do it.

This program just calculates Vpv and plots the formula across the range of Ipv.

Later I took this and used it to control the voltage and current limit of a power supply by measuring the actual current and inputting it as Ipv.

It worked well until we implemented power point tracking into our product and then had the two control loops fighting each other.

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 47 of 86
(663 Views)

Hi, RTSLVU. Thanks. But your program and mine are different. I am not able to understand yours. Actually i am trying to plot current and power vs voltage. See formula in attachments. My Problem is the how IL is connected to the formula, IL is spectral irradiance, how IL is a function of light intensity. We cannot connect it directly to the substract, see Vi.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 48 of 86
(659 Views)

hi NIQUIST, thanks alot, i have able to change the names of the case structure. Here it is.

0 Kudos
Message 49 of 86
(654 Views)

First off math is not my strong point, that's why I am a technician instead of an engineer Smiley Sad but I think a formula node would work better in this application.

You might want to double check my formula as I am not sure if Log and "e" are the same function.Smiley Wink

========================
========================
0 Kudos
Message 50 of 86
(641 Views)